Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #46
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
next time I will

it certainly does:

But I still have more karma points.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #47
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp1999 View Post
Sh*t. I did 'fastboot setvar bootmode main' and seem to have rebricked it.

I'm back at the YKNR screen...
All that means is that your boot counter was already too high now that you got past fastboot mode.

Which modes can you get to with MfgTool? You need to reset your boot counter OR zero mmcblk0p3 (which contains the boot counter).
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #48
mcp1999
mcp1999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Wahoo! ssh'd in and used dd to zero mmcblk0p3. Now back in action and restarting is working.

Massive thanks again
mcp1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #49
ctskim
ctskim began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I just followed the guide here and I was able to solve the Your Kindle Needs Repair notice. My problem now is when I restart my Kindle touch it freezes on the Please wait a moment while your Kindle starts up.

The only way I can get it to boot again is via MfgTool.

I dont get this one:
Quote:
You may need to clear out your /var/local partition by zeroing mmcblk0p3, or you might need to set your idme bootmode var to main. It is possible that the "lockup" is actually booting to fastboot mode. If fastboot can see it, you can do "fastboot setvar bootmode main". Or in diags ssh, you can do "idme -d --bootmode main;rm /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS;reboot".

I also dont get this one:
Quote:
Assuming it is a K4 or touch, it sounds like your bootmode var is probably set to fastboot mode. You need to set it to main. You can do this with fastboot:

fastboot setvar bootmode main

Or you can set it from diagnotics mode at an SSH command prompt or in a RUNME.sh script launched by my data.tar.gz that you can download in the "Select Boot" thread.

To use a RUNME.sh script, you also need an ENABLE_DIAGS file so it runs in diags mode. Put these commands in a RUNME.sh script, or execute them from an SSH shell in diags mode:

idme -d --bootmode main
rm /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS
reboot

I would try the bootmode var first, then if necessary, zeroing the /var/local partition, in that order.

Good luck.
I am a super newbie please help!!!!
ctskim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #50
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctskim View Post
I just followed the guide here and I was able to solve the Your Kindle Needs Repair notice. My problem now is when I restart my Kindle touch it freezes on the Please wait a moment while your Kindle starts up.

The only way I can get it to boot again is via MfgTool.

I dont get this one:

I am a super newbie please help!!!!
The instructions you questioned are for rebooting to main mode from diags SSH.

The "Please wait a moment" may mean that an update is being applied. That can take up to a half hour or more. Please give it time to finish.

If that does not work, you can try to repair the problem from diags ssh, or using a data.tar.gz and RUNME.sh to do it.

But the SIMPLEST way is to follow the instructions in the "simple debricking" sticky, and replace your broken main partition with a fresh copy of the main partition and kernel.
Advert
Old 07-07-2016, 06:55 PM   #51
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Hi geekmaster
Ian stuck on DIAGS mode on my new kindle papwerwhite 7th generation (3G +Wifi), how to exit??
Already tried delete ENABLE_DIAGS file (not present right now on mnt/us/ ), tried also disable Diags on Diags menu option, also Reboot option there, please ::
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:58 PM   #52
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoralvarez View Post
Hi geekmaster
Ian stuck on DIAGS mode on my new kindle papwerwhite 7th generation (3G +Wifi), how to exit??
Already tried delete ENABLE_DIAGS file (not present right now on mnt/us/ ), tried also disable Diags on Diags menu option, also Reboot option there, please ::
Please plug your kindle into a wall charger for the next 24 hours. Then unplug and hold the power button for 40 seconds. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:57 PM   #53
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Ok I will try this, thank you Cinisajoy
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:14 PM   #54
dalvick
dalvick began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
Quote:
Ok I will try this, thank you Cinisajoy
Its worked?
dalvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:24 PM   #55
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Hi geekmaster
Do you have USBNetwork access?

Did you try
Code:
idme -d --bootmode main;rm /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS;reboot

ISTR that the ENABLE_DIAGS file is ignored by newer firmware and the Rescue Pack watches for it and sets the bootmode instead.

How did you get into this situation originally?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote