Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
pollo
pollo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Just got K3 and need some help with 3G and dictionaries...

Hello to all
'Pollo' was actually started by my mum, who bought the Kindle 3G with keyboard for me as a Christmas present - which I loved, by the way.
Anyway, she bought it online amazon.com and had it delivered to the USA, making me guess it uses AT&T... However we registered it on my mum's main account: .co.uk
Thing is, I live in Italy, and while in Milan my 3G worked, now in Rome my 3G only works with Wikipedia and the Amazon online store. It says something about 'local restrictions'.
Is there some way I might've gone wrong? What to do?
Second question:
If I buy a french (for example) dictionary on amazon, how do I make it accessible for french books?
Thank you all in advance, and have a nice end of 2011 and beginning 2012

pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The rules on what works on 3G are set by the contracts Amazon has with the wireless companies in your area.

If the dictionary is encoded properly, it should work automatically with a book properly encoded with French as the language.

Otherwise, you should be able to set it as your primary dictionary through the menu.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
dictionary, kindle 3