Device: kindle voyage
Exclamation Kindle Voyage - Embedded font problems

The book that i want to read contains 5 different fonts which are;

OIBR___0.TTF

OIBR___2.TTF

OIBR___4.TTF

OIBR___6.TTF

times.ttf

My KV can't display them properly.For instance first apostrophe looks like 'Y', last one looks normal. 'diwan' word (which is written with another font type that i can't paste here and show you) displays like 'dÐwÁn' (exactly the same with KV displays).

How to handle this? Can't KV display more than one font in a text? Am i suppose to read books which is written with the fonts KV support only? Is it possible to add new fonts to KV?

P.S: Kindle Touch was working properly with the same book.
voyagerreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:49 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Can you post a sample ebook that displays this problem?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:36 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
It would be best, I think, if you replied in the thread there is nothing personal enough to require a Private Message.

Can you open the book in the calibre editor, delete all the chapters except one, and then Save As => a copy. Post that extract here (you can attach files in the "Go Advanced" reply mode) so we can try to duplicate your problem, or at least see the code that might be causing the problem.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:58 PM   #4
voyagerreader
voyagerreader began at the beginning.

I thought you wanted me to send the whole book. (or another free book that contains 5 fonts)

Last edited by voyagerreader; 03-30-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:18 PM   #5
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Why are you posting an ePub book when this is a Kindle question?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:29 PM   #6
voyagerreader
voyagerreader began at the beginning.

Not a big deal to convert it after the main problem is solved i assume.

Now do you want to help?