Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
Problem with TOC editor

I've converted a pdf to a fairly good epub using Sigil. I stole the chapter heading format from Feedbooks.

Initially I have:

<div class="bodychapter">
<h2><span class="chapterHeader"><span class="translation">Chapter</span><span class="count">1</span></span></h2>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

If the file is saved and an epub created the formatting works OK.

However, if I use the TOC editor to make the entries of the form "Chapter 1" (instead of the default "Chapter1" without spaces) then the chapter formatting is changed to:

<div class="bodychapter">
<h2>Chapter 1</h2>

<p>&nbsp;</p>
Thereby losing the formatting.

Am not sure if the problem resides with the TOC editor or (more probably) with my limited knowledge/understanding of html & css.

Any help much appreciated.
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Sounds like a bug. Please create an issue on the tracker with this information.

Whoa there for a minute. I just read your report more carefully.

So you are trying to change the text in the heading, but also trying to keep the existing HTML inside the heading tag? I'm sorry, that's just not possible. How would an algorithm know which parts of the new text should go into which of the old <span> tags? Can't be done, I'm sorry. Changing the heading text in the TOC editor will rewrite the contents of that heading tag.

You should just add a space in the Code View if you want to preserve the child elements.

Last edited by Valloric; 10-28-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 01:30 AM   #3
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
Thanks Valloric, I understand;
As always, the solution was head-smackingly obvious - use the title="desired text" in the <hx> tag (or of course stop fiddling with fancy formatting in headings).

Thank you again for Sigil, it's superb.
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote