Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 11:21 PM   #121
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Cannot install iOS Reader Applications plugin

I have attempted to install v1.3.6 of this plugin several times, and it tells me there is a problem. Here is the error report:

calibre, version 1.30.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 711, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 379, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 539, in initialize_plugin
InvalidPlugin: Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 533, in initialize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 883, in initialize
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 1169, in _get_connected_device_info
InitialConnectionError: Unable to connect to iDevice
failed with traceback:
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 1169, in _get_connected_device_info

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:25 AM   #122
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The error "unable to connect with iDevice" would seem to suggest that you didn't have your iPad/iPhone connected to your PC. Make sure you have it plugged in, with iTunes running, before you try to install the plugin.
Advert
Old 03-29-2014, 05:53 AM   #123
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee-Ess View Post
I have attempted to install v1.3.6 of this plugin several times, and it tells me there is a problem. Here is the error report:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 1.30.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 711, in _install_clicked
failed with traceback:

Any ideas? Thanks.
This indicates that there is a problem connecting to your iDevice. Please create an issue at the plugin's GitHub issue tracker and I will help you resolve it.

G
Old 03-29-2014, 02:58 PM   #124
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee-Ess View Post

(....)
I had something similar; don't remember the exact error report.
After I upgraded from Calibre 1.26 to 1.30 and connected my iPad to my Macbook (with iTunes running), I could install the plugin without any problem.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:21 PM   #125
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there any particular reason that the plugin requires a connected iDevice at the time of installation? I suspect that a lot of people must fall foul of that.
Advert
Old 03-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #126
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's a good idea to install the plugin without any devices connected.

When there's an active issue filed, I work with the poster to create a debug log which gives me a better opportunity to pinpoint the problem. Sometimes it's easy, like a hard reset of the iDevice, less frequently it requires restoring the system software. I recently resolved two bugs (one on a Windows platform, one OS X) where the user's profiles were preventing the libimobile device library from working. Switching to a different user profile solved the problem(s).

G
Old 03-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #127
TMF
Enthusiast
TMF began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I had the same error, reproduced below, when trying to update the plugin with a connected device. After disconnecting, install functioned normally.

failed with traceback:
Old 04-01-2014, 01:14 AM   #128
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
It's a good idea to install the plugin without any devices connected. ...G
Thanks for the suggestion. I disconnected my iPhone, and bingo! THe plugin installed immediately.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:31 AM   #129
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I notice that a new version of the plug-in was released yesterday. What's changed?
Old 04-07-2014, 05:36 AM   #130
GRiker

@HarryT,

If you check the Version history spoiler at the bottom of the first post in this thread, it shows a terse summary of what changed from version to version. The current release fixes a bug affecting Marvin users.

G
Old 04-07-2014, 06:02 AM   #131
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thank you very much - I'll know where to look in future .
Old 04-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #132
Keltia
Keltia began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Lux 3 / iPad Mini retina/iPhone 6
Quote:
@HarryT,

If you check the Version history spoiler at the bottom of the first post in this thread, it shows a terse summary of what changed from version to version. The current release fixes a bug affecting Marvin users.
G
Hello, I'm having a different issue. Running 1.31.0 with iOS 1.3.6 installed, I get the "Upgrade your plgin" message, I click yes, it installs what is supposed to be 1.3.7 but after restarting Calibre, it is always 1.3.6... Is there an issue with the auto-update feature or maybe the wrong version of the plugin?
Old 04-07-2014, 08:27 AM   #133
GRiker

@Keltia,

Try updating with your iDevice disconnected.

G
Old 04-07-2014, 08:43 AM   #134
Keltia
Keltia began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Lux 3 / iPad Mini retina/iPhone 6
Quote:
@Keltia,

Try updating with your iDevice disconnected.
G
Tried that several times already. Including removing and reinstall it.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:51 AM   #135
GRiker

It's possible that the update hasn't been refreshed in calibre's cache.

You can try downloading and installing the plugin manually by referring to How do I install a plugin manually? in this post.

G
Closed Thread