Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
RVS78
Letter Puncher
RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablets
First look at Katniss Everdeen of Hunger Games (Movie)

Was excited to see this. Just wanted to share. I couldn't put book 1 down, just started on book 2.

Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen.

Here's the Entertainment Weekly link:
http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/05/18/th...ook-exclusive/

Old 05-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Hm. Maybe I need to finally get around to reading the Hunger Games books (I've only just over the past 2 or 3 weeks finally got around to reading the Harry Potter books.) At the very least, I'd like to see how badly Hunger Games rips off Battle Royale.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
Huh. don't know what I think of her lookswise as Katniss, but I guess it's not too bad.

I thought the series was worth reading. I'm a bit of a snob on sentence level writing (writing teacher here) so I wasn't impressed with that, but plotting and characters kept me reading.
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
Huh. don't know what I think of her lookswise as Katniss, but I guess it's not too bad.

I thought the series was worth reading. I'm a bit of a snob on sentence level writing (writing teacher here) so I wasn't impressed with that, but plotting and characters kept me reading.
cute Shiba Inu!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
just finished read the hunger games and plan on getting to the other two books. pretty cool, i knew from the info about the movie what the actors looked like and i tried to picture them as i read. for some reason i could only picture katniss with blonde hair because of jennifer lawrence, but this i think is a really good pic of her as katniss.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #6
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

here's the first teaser trailer, doesn't show much other than katniss running through the forest with peeta talking in the background or gale, i forget who actually said what is said but it's one of them.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Huh. Looks promising. Glad I got into the books, cause I wasn't really sure I'd enjoy them or not.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
siraks
use the force

with how much hype the books received i think they'll do their best to keep it true to the books and be as good a movie as possible, especially with three books the first movie has to grab everyone's attention to want more and a completion of the series.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #9
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
I really enjoyed this series of books, I found the pacing as books 'just right. It'll be interesting to see how it translates as a film.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #10
cfo
Connoisseur
cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO, iPhone4
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
here's the first teaser trailer, doesn't show much other than katniss running through the forest with peeta talking in the background or gale, i forget who actually said what is said but it's one of them.
Yeah, I wasn't sure either, but I think it's Gale because he mentions her hunting skill.

"Ok, listen to me. You’re stronger than they are. You are. They just want a good show that’s all they want. You know how to hunt. Show them how good you are."

What I love about this trailer is
Spoiler:
you finally get to hear Rue's 4-note tune at the end.

Gave me chills. I cannot wait for this movie.

Last edited by cfo; 08-30-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: found the spoiler tag
cfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:54 AM   #11
siraks
use the force

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo View Post
Yeah, I wasn't sure either, but I think it's Gale because he mentions her hunting skill.

"Ok, listen to me. You’re stronger than they are. You are. They just want a good show that’s all they want. You know how to hunt. Show them how good you are."

What I love about this trailer is
Spoiler:
you finally get to hear Rue's 4-note tune at the end.

Gave me chills. I cannot wait for this movie.
@ spoiler.

hopefully they keep true to the book as it was a pretty good book. any deviation will enrage fans i think. since the length of the book wasn't of epic length i think they can fit in all the good parts at least.

am looking forward to it as well and hope it does well so the others get made as well.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #12
cfo
Connoisseur
cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Late last year, someone made a mini-movie of a scene from the book. They had a lot of detail with Katniss's appearance, too. It had some viewers wondering if it was an official clip or screen test. It was made months before the rumors came out about a movie in the works.

Don't look if you plan on reading the book!
Spoiler:

Yeah, I would love to see the others get made, especially the 2nd book. The 3rd, not so much lol.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:55 PM   #13
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
They have started up a cool little viral campaign in the lead up to the movie
http://mashable.com/2011/08/31/hunger-games-viral/
I loved the first book but have not yet had time to read the second.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #14
cfo
Connoisseur

The campaign looks cool. It's also a good distraction for the teen masses who might have difficulty waiting until March 2012.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #15
cfo
Connoisseur

If anyone wants a ringtone from this movie, it's available for free on iTunes right now. In the iTunes store, you can search for "Hunger Games Mockingjay Call - Single" by Lionsgate.

Or, try:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/off...gn-mpt=uo%3D4#

I won't say what the ringtone is in case there are those who plan on reading the book.

But, if you don't care, then:
Spoiler:
It's Rue's 4-note tune.