Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Calibre tags and Kindle Collections

I've been using Calibre for my Sony and would like to start using it for my Kindle DXG. How does the whole thing work in terms of organizing stuff on the device? If I've made a "Collection" on the Kindle already, and have a tag with the same name in Calibre, will it merge those? Or would I wind up with two seperate "Science Fiction" collections on my home screen?
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
The tags on Calibre and on the Kindle do not have anything to go with each other unfortunately
Once you send the books to the Kindle you are going to have to assign the books to the category on the Kindle
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
The tags on Calibre and on the Kindle do not have anything to go with each other unfortunately
Once you send the books to the Kindle you are going to have to assign the books to the category on the Kindle

So if I've tagged something with Calibre it is completely meaningless to the Kindle (unlike the Sony)? That only affects how it's managed on my computer?
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Yes...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
joabsa
joabsa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Using the python program found here may help you

calibrekindlecollections
joabsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert