Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #1
cvlowe
Enthusiast
cvlowe began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre on laptop
Limit recipes to a specific library?

Yesterday I created a couple sample recipes to try. Unfortunately, they seem to re-run from scratch every time I open calibre, tying the program up with running jobs for a long time- this prevents me from editing preferences and switching libraries. If I have a different library open other than my main one, these recipes create new files in the wrong library. Is there a way to limit these behaviors?
cvlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #2
cvlowe
Enthusiast

I have another question-

The default "recipes" create a new e-book every time instead of checking the old one, and end up re-downloading a lot of the same data over and over. The first two examples I checked today were Astronomy Picture of the day and Dilbert.. Is this normal behavior?
Old 08-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
cvlowe
Enthusiast

Does anybody have an answer to my questions? Or a link to where I can find the info?
Old 08-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you dont want recipes to download the same articles, you need ot modify them, there is a code sample showing how to do that in one the stickythreads at the top of this forum.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #5
cvlowe
Enthusiast

Thanks for the response!

I assume you're talking about this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=10

I assume I would have to create a new recipe for each site I want based on the above template?

Would it be possible to have the recipe "edit" an existing e-pub file to add in the new info it downloads instead of creating a new one?

TIA!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No recipes cannot make changes to existing files.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote