Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
gsonoda
gsonoda began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo first setup failing

Bought the Kobo Glo today. I`m trying to config it for the first time. I plug the USB cable, touch the "computer setup", start the Kobo Desktop but this app keeps telling me that there is something wrong with the internet connection.

I`m running windows 7 64-bit. I tried it on two pcs, but with the same results. Windows can recognize it as a storage unit. ADE can also identify it.

If I try the "wireless setup", the ereader can successfully connect to the wifi, but it goes back to the first screen (computer or wireless setup), without any previous message.

I noticed that the kobosetup.com is down right. Does is it have anything to do with it? I downloaded Kobodesktop from elsewhere. And the battery is charged.

Can anyone help me? Or is it broken?

Thx.
gsonoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
gsonoda
gsonoda began at the beginning.

The problem is solved.
For some reason I couldn`t access the kobo site (kobobooks.com and kobosetup.com). They weren`t responding. Later, when they opened up, I was able to config my kobo glo properly.
gsonoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsonoda View Post
The problem is solved.
For some reason I couldn`t access the kobo site (kobobooks.com and kobosetup.com). They weren`t responding. Later, when they opened up, I was able to config my kobo glo properly.
Good to hear your problem is solved. Happy reading!

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #4
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Equally glad you've made it through. Also yet another example of why a number of people do not like the requirement of reaching a website to set a reader up. I'd like to see this changed in the firmware. Should Kobo go belly up at some point, this will be a nagging legacy.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
Hunibal
Hunibal began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
Quote:
The problem is solved.

Well, It is NOT working today.
Here I am with new Glow and can't use it.
Will this get fixed? Or will I have to return it?
Hunibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunibal View Post

Well, It is NOT working today.
Here I am with new Glow and can't use it.
Will this get fixed? Or will I have to return it?
what problem are you having, exactly?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:19 PM   #7
Lanawu
Lanawu began at the beginning.

Quote:
Bought the Kobo Glo today. I`m trying to config it for the first time. I plug the USB cable, touch the "computer setup", start the Kobo Desktop but this app keeps telling me that there is something wrong with the internet connection.

I`m running windows 7 64-bit. I tried it on two pcs, but with the same results. Windows can recognize it as a storage unit. ADE can also identify it.

If I try the "wireless setup", the ereader can successfully connect to the wifi, but it goes back to the first screen (computer or wireless setup), without any previous message.

I noticed that the kobosetup.com is down right. Does is it have anything to do with it? I downloaded Kobodesktop from elsewhere. And the battery is charged.

Can anyone help me? Or is it broken?

Thx.
Hi,

I've just bought a Kobo Glo from Japan and faced exactly the same setup problem to you. I tried computer setup in 2 different laptops (one is company laptop and the other is my own) as well as wireless setup. All failed the same way as your description (

Could you pls help me to solve this problem?
Lanawu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:58 AM   #8
ksiflhjla8
Connoisseur
ksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
There is no way/hack to avoid this setup thing?
ksiflhjla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:04 AM   #9
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksiflhjla8 View Post
There is no way/hack to avoid this setup thing?
You can connect to PC and then put an empty entry in the users table of the KoboReader.sqlite
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:25 PM   #10
ksiflhjla8
Connoisseur
ksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thanks! That I will do next time (if I remember it)
ksiflhjla8 is offline   Reply With Quote