Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Mobipocket Reader for Java Phones - Alpha version released

The first public alpha of the Mobipocket Reader for Java Phones is available here.

This version has been developed for all Sony Ericsson Java Phones, but at least DRM-free e-books apparently also work on Nokia phones.

Quote:
System Requirements:

The Mobipocket Reader 6.0 Alpha requires a phone with J2ME and the JSR 75.

Disclaimer:

This Alpha version of Mobipocket eBook Reader is not supported and stable yet. Do not use it in a production environment : it may crash your device, so please make sure that you have a backup of your data before installing the Reader.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #2
Nergal
eBuchReisender
Nergal doesn't litterNergal doesn't litterNergal doesn't litter

Device: Palm Tungsten-E, iLiad
does anybody know if it works with the iLiad? has it other features than the iLiad mobi-reader?
Nergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You should check out... here is the direct download link:

http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/beta/d...javaphones.zip
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Is it possible to install this on a desktop system?
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I don't think so. At least, not in it's current compilation.

I'm fiddling with it right now.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #6
TheMooch
Member Retired
TheMooch doesn't litterTheMooch doesn't litterTheMooch doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 Sony eReader
Blackberry ok

I've got the newest version running on my Blackberry. No issues so far. All of my Webscription books were picked up right away.

Exxxxcellent.........
TheMooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #7
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
I was able to get it running with Sun's Java Wireless Toolkit for CLDC (scroll down for the download link).
You have to change some configurations before it works:
  1. Open Java Wireless Toolkit, select "File -> Create Project from JAD/JAR file" and open "MobipocketReader.jad". The message Project "MobipocketReader" loaded should appear in the window. Next time you can just click "Open Project" and select MobipocketReader from the list.
  2. Select "Edit -> Preferences". Select Security and change the security policy to JTWI. You may also change the security domain to trusted, otherwise the emulator will ask for permission to read and write to the filesystem each time you start Mobipocket Reader. Then click OK.
  3. Select Run and the Java phone emulator will be started. You have to use the phone buttons to navigate, so select "library" with the phone's select button.
  4. You'll probably get the message that you have no e-books in your library, so close the emulator and navigate to ~/j2mewtk/2.5.2/appdb/DefaultColorPhone/filesystem/root1/eBooks. I don't know where the "j2mewtk" folder will be on Windows, but on Linux it's in the user's home directory. Just do a search. Put some Mobipocket e-books in this folder.
That's it. You can also select the phone's skin by choosing one of the four devices before starting the emulator (the combo box on the JWT main screen). Notice however that each device has it's own library and PID.

Attached are some screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	java_mobi1.jpg
Views:	1245
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	14049   Click image for larger version

Name:	java_mobi2.jpg
Views:	1228
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	14050   Click image for larger version

Name:	java_mobi3.jpg
Views:	1251
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	14051  
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:31 AM   #8
pouncer
pouncer rocks like Gibraltar!pouncer rocks like Gibraltar!pouncer rocks like Gibraltar!pouncer rocks like Gibraltar!pouncer rocks like Gibraltar!pouncer rocks like Gibraltar!pouncer rocks like Gibraltar!pouncer rocks like Gibraltar!pouncer rocks like Gibraltar!pouncer rocks like Gibraltar!pouncer rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: literati
Is there a way to edit the app to recognize my phone's "up" and "down" keys for page turning?
pouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
thalen
thalen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ericsson Zylo (W20)
Sony Ericsson Zylo display fade-out with Mobipocketreader

I have an issue with display fade out (apox. every 10 seconds) while trying to read any e-book on My Sony Ericson Zylo using Mobipocket reader.

I browsed every possible setting spot both in phone and Mobipocket app in order to find a switch that would allow my to disable this annoyance but without success.

I was informed by Sony Ericsson support there is no setting available on the handset itself which would allow to change that. They suggested contacting (manufacturer of the Mobipocket reader by it was of no avail as they promptly replied (from Amazon!) they were unable to assiste unless there is valid e-mail assosiated with order of used device (even though Mobipocket reader is free.)

Thanks in advance for any help

Thalen
thalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #10
filazaf
filazaf began at the beginning.

Device: S5230
Download not working :/
filazaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:21 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It probably was working 4 years ago when it was posted. What's the point in dragging ancient posts back from the dead?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote