Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
Tim Myers
Tim Myers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tim Myers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tim Myers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
16 NEW titles from Tim Myers (Suspense, Young Adult, PI, SF, and more)

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that I’ve got 16 new novels I’ve just put on Kindle and Smashwords! These are all never-before-published, and there are titles, descriptions, and links on my website,http://www.timmyers.net

They include:
Suspense (A Path to Murder, A Deadly Way, and A Killer Snowstorm),
Traditional (Coventry),
Romantic Comedy (The Fairy Godfather),
Private Detective (Quarter Nude in Blue, Golden Knight)
Paranormal PI (Werewolf PI)
Young Adult (Lightning Ridge, Rebuilding My Life, Tackling the Truth)
Young Adult Science Fiction and Fantasy (Hannah Brock's Mysterious Power, Hannah Brock's Mystical Trouble, The Wizard's Secret)
Middle Readers (Emma's Emerald Mine, Crispin Livingston Hughes, Boy Inventor)

There are some dark books among these, with warnings on them to those who read only the traditional things I’ve published in the past. I suspect I’m about to shock more than a few readers with some of my offerings.

I can’t tell you how good it feels to have these novels finally out in the world!

Tim Myers
www.timmyers.net
Tim Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
*puppy dog eyes*

I want more lighthouse books!

All the other series, too, but especially the Lighthouse Inn. I really want to see how the lighthouse swap vacation works out. A change of scene would be refreshing.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome, Tim.

Here is the link to smashwords.

I read your profile page at smashwords and saw that you write under other names (Chris Cavender, Casey Mayes, Elizabeth Bright, Melissa Glazer, and more). Will you be putting some of those up also?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

He has a series by one of his publishing sock puppets (j/k! don't hit me!) on Smashwords. I've read nine of his books in the past week or two, and I can't stop.

A question for you, Tim, about the pen names: do you use multiple names in order to keep from flooding the market with "Tim Myers" books, or to differentiate your series from one another, or ...? (and are there any other authors I should be watching out for who are also you?)
Old 08-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Myers View Post
Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that I’ve got 16 new novels I’ve just put on Kindle and Smashwords! These are all never-before-published, and there are titles, descriptions, and links on my website,http://www.timmyers.net

They include:
Traditional (Coventry),
Young Adult Science Fiction and Fantasy (Hannah Brock's Mysterious Power, Hannah Brock's Mystical Trouble, The Wizard's Secret)

There are some dark books among these, with warnings on them to those who read only the traditional things I’ve published in the past. I suspect I’m about to shock more than a few readers with some of my offerings.

I can’t tell you how good it feels to have these novels finally out in the world!

Tim Myers
www.timmyers.net

As a fan, I can't tell you how good it is to have access to these titles!!! Thank you so much, Tim, for doing this.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
Tim Myers
Tim Myers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tim Myers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tim Myers has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi all,

I've been touring, doing drop-in signings on some Chris Cavender books I write, and glad to be home!

I'll answer questions after each post!

Thanks to all of you for making me feel so welcome!

Best,

Tim
Old 08-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #7
Tim Myers

Worldwalker, I've been playing with a 6th lighthouse inn mystery idea for years, and hope to write it sometime, just not sure when! I've got so much going on right now, but I never say never! Thanks for asking. I want to know what happens, myself!

To Dreams,
Old 08-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #8
Tim Myers

Hi dreams,

What I've put up so far is all I have the rights to. What my publisher does with the Melissa Glazer, Casey Mayes, and Chris Cavender is up to them. I do have my Elizabeth Bright books up, and you can read about them at http://www.timmyers.net
Old 08-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #9
Tim Myers

No sock puppets yet, Worldwalker <G>, but I guess you never know what will spark an idea!

As for pennames, I always want everything published under my name, Tim Myers. It's the publishers who request new ones from me.

That being said, I'm now writing under Chris Cavender in July and August http://www.amazon.com/Pepperoni-Pizz...0884549&sr=8-2
and http://www.amazon.com/Slice-Murder-P...0884549&sr=8-1
and coming in September, as Casey Mayes http://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Row-Mat...0884601&sr=1-1

I have a few other names I can't disclose at the moment, but hopefully someday!

Best,

Tim
Old 08-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #10
Tim Myers

Thanks so much for your kind words, PhenomShel!

Trust me, it's been a labor of love. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to have my traditional mysteries, but just as excited to have my backlist available, PLUS new titles that have never been seen before!

This is such an awesome new venue for every author, and I'm so glad to be here!

Best,

Tim
Old 08-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #11
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Worldwalker, I've been playing with a 6th lighthouse inn mystery idea for years, and hope to write it sometime, just not sure when! I've got so much going on right now, but I never say never! Thanks for asking. I want to know what happens, myself!
I'll buy all of them that you write.

I particularly want to see the lighthouse swap story, as I mentioned. It's always interesting when a character is out of his comfort zone (and just as he's getting Armstrong trained, too!). I don't care about the romance plotlines; the thing I'm most interested in, continuing-thread wise, is whether he gets to turn the light on more often!

We're thinking of buying my mother-in-law an ebook reader for Christmas. She's a real mystery buff (and contagious, which is how I got the bug; I'm really an SF fan!) ... if we get her an ebook reader, I'll buy her a couple of your series to get her started. I know she'll love them.

You should have a word with whoever did the ebook prep, though. Were some of the books scanned/OCR'd? I didn't keep notes on which it was, but one of the candlemaking series was really bad for what appeared to be OCR errors (the usual problems with ligatures, etc.) and a couple of the lighthouse ones had noticeable ones, too.

I've been really, really enjoying your books.

Hey, have you thought about a CafePress store selling Hatteras West tchochkes? Mugs, note cards, tote bags ... some of us would buy 'em.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:52 AM   #12
Tim Myers

Quote:
Hi all,

They include:
Traditional (Coventry),

Tim Myers
www.timmyers.net
Wow, thanks for that, Worldwalker; I'm honored. All these kind words are greatly appreciated.

I keep kicking a lighthouse idea around. Someday...

Yes, the books were scanned, and I've been fixing problems as I find out about them, though I had someone go over them looking for errors, and I spent a great deal of time doing it myself. I hate that there are ANY problems with them, but I don't have time to scan them myself again.

I've thought about having a store, but I'm kind of overwhelmed right now with new fiction. I'll absolutely keep it in mind, though. Ask me again later!

Best,

Tim
Old 08-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #13
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, Tim, I think you are well known (and followed) at cozy-mystery group in goodreads (people is talking well about "Pepperoni pizza can be murder ) (By the way, authors are very welcome there, I don't know if you know it).

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 08-04-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #14
Tim Myers

Thanks,Terisa. I'll check it out!

Best,

Tim
Old 08-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #15
Tim Myers

Last edited by Tim Myers; 08-04-2010 at 09:20 PM.