Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
cachou
cachou began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DXi
modprobe g_ether problem

I installed usbnetwork on my Kindle DXi, also typed ;debugOn and `usbNetwork, it seems OK here. Then, I typed lsusb -n in the terminal, shows
Quote:
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0525:a4a2 Netchip Technology, Inc. Linux-USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget
Error occurred when I modprobe g_ether, it says No such device, either as I run usbnetwork script.
Quote:
FATAL: Error inserting g_ether (/lib/modules/2.6.32-zen6/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/g_ether.ko): No such device
Help me~ Thank you very very much!
cachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
jyavenard
Zealot
jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachou View Post
I installed usbnetwork on my Kindle DXi, also typed ;debugOn and `usbNetwork, it seems OK here. Then, I typed lsusb -n in the terminal, shows

Error occurred when I modprobe g_ether, it says No such device, either as I run usbnetwork script.
But if you installed usbnetwork, and can access a terminal to type lsusb, g_ether has already been loaded !

How else do you think you could get to telnet or ssh to your kindle?
jyavenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
jft
Enthusiast
jft began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi
I am quite sure, there is no zen-kernel on the kindle :-D I suppose he tried to load the g_ether module on his own machine.
jft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
jyavenard
Zealot
jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jft View Post
I am quite sure, there is no zen-kernel on the kindle :-D I suppose he tried to load the g_ether module on his own machine.
I didn't even notice that. I was actually puzzled on how he managed a 2.6.32 kernel on his kindle!
jyavenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #5
cachou
cachou began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DXi
Thank you all above, I have solved my problem.

I followed the tutorial, but it mistyped "`usbnetwork" to "`usbNetwork". There is no cap on 'N' I re-checked the usbnet directory.
cachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert