Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #91
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
That's exaclty what I wrote since the first post: of what use is their trick?

I'll be right back next monday, see you guys
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #92
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Yeah, the ads clearly misleading.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #93
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by no.guru View Post
Suggestions of banning misleading advertisements are extreme, IMO.

If claims made in the ads widely differ from reality, there will be a major hit in sales and the company will be ridiculed. The ads will be yanked voluntarily and heads will roll.

Much better than putting another piece of legislation in place that may or may not be enforced.
No additional legislation needed, companies regularly have adverts pulled or changes required for misrepresentation (in the UK anyway, can't speak for anywhere else).

There's not a guaranteed hit in sales either, people may buy the new iPad thinking the screen lets them use it outside, find that's not the case then decide they like it for use indoors enough to keep it anyway. If that was the sole reason for buying a product, then sure, people would return it and sales would take a hit, but with the iPad there's not usually a single reason.

Last edited by JoeD; 03-21-2012 at 10:12 AM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #94
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'm glad to see that the iPad 3 does better in sunlight than its predecessors, but the bottom line is that an individual's experience on the beach is not going to come anywhere close to what we see in that video. This is false advertisement and should be pulled and an apology issued. I happen to think that the iPad 3 is a fantastic tablet, and doesn't need to bolster its reputation with false claims. If I had the money, and if the iPad 3 had no cameras (they're not allowed where I work), I would trade up in a heartbeat. But that commercial does little to enhance my esteem of the company.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, fake, ipad, outdoor