Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
SEI Publications
SEI Publications began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
metadata feature missing

When I used Mobipocket Creator on Windows XP, I had access to a "Metadata" feature, which allowed me to add information such as the title, authors, abstract, publisher, ISBN, etc.

I am now using Mobipocket Creator 4.2 on Windows 7, and I don't see the Metadata feature.

It used to appear in the View section of the Files window. Now Views only lists three choices:
  1. Publication Files
  2. Cover Image
  3. Table of Contents

How can I access the metadata interface with MP Creator 4.2 on Windows 7? I couldn't see anything about it in the help or in a google search.

Last edited by SEI Publications; 06-28-2011 at 02:10 PM.
SEI Publications is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
SEI Publications

I suspect that this could be happening because I am using the Home edition instead of the Publisher edition. However, although I have selected "Install Publisher edition," each time I launch the program, it launches the Home edition. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times just to be sure. Each time, I get the home edition. I am using Windows 7 and I used the install that's available here: http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...tion=Publisher. I posted in a different thread to see if anyone has advice about this. If I find anything out, I will repost here. (If you are reading this, though, and know the answer, please help. Thank you so much.)

Last edited by SEI Publications; 06-29-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
SEI Publications

I have installed this program using the admin account (and I installed it for all users), and when I do that and open Creator, the Publisher version opens. However, I can only use the Publisher version when I am logged in as an admin. When I am logged in otherwise, I get only the Home version.

I did install the program (as admin) so that everyone on the machine can access it. Still, only the admin login allows me to use the Publisher version.

I am running Windows 7. That OS is new in our organization, so this problem could be related to that. I will post more info if I get it from our IT department.