Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #361
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm wondering if it's worth the effort to wake up someone at B&N. When DRM-free titles from Fictionwise transfer over, are they still DRM-free?
Yes if the B&N version is DRM free.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #362
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can anyone tell me what v1, v2, v3, v4 means on the filenames? I don't buy from B&N very often.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #363
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkml View Post
Initially the account had a card that I have closed the account on. So I added a current card (after I first received this error) but still can't open any books in the nook app on my PC or download from the BN website.
I think the fact that you can't open previously downloaded books makes sense, but you should be able to download books with a current credit card in their system. I'd double check and make sure that all of the card details are correct as entered, and if so, I'd try yet a different card. If that fails, I'd call B&N customer service.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #364
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by frquixote View Post
JI'm beginning to think they're not going to come through.
Decided to send an e-mail to B&N last night to find out where my code was since that seemed to be working for others. Got an e-mail back within a few minutes directing me to the phone line (again). Just checked my e-mail this morning and the e-mail with the code was there! Started the transfer process and now have 102 of 110 books that were on my ereader.com booklist. I've transferred them all down to my PC using Nook for PC so I can start to work on "freeing" them.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #365
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Got my code this morning as well. Just clicked on the link and it went through despite the lowercase in the pre-populated code. Will let it run for a while, but I did see the full version of Coraline as others mentioned as well as back issues of Analog, Asimov's, and F&SF. I only had two Secure eReader format and I saw one had transferred. Many of the titles I had were short stories that Fictionwise sold as singles. It looks like a lot of those have transferred as well. Will check back later and compare with what I downloaded from FW.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #366
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I will be very pleased if all my back issues of Analog, Asimov's and F&SF transfer over!

Anyone in the UK got a code email yet? I'm still waiting for a response. OK, it's only been three days since I signed up for the transfer, but....
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #367
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Just as an FYI, FictionWise says I've purchased 367 books, 251 show up on my bookshelf, and 348 appear in my Nook account, many without covers.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #368
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
My code arrived about 10:00 am today. I just now (5:30 pm) got it to work after trying a few times every hour or so. Now we'll see how many books transfer and how long that takes.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #369
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Not sure why, but I just went through what they transferred. Don't know if this will be of interest to anyone, but here we go...

My FW account shows 440 books. Of those they haven't transferred 10, but of those 10, two were freebies used for testing DRM and three are not really missing as I had them in my Nook account already from past freebie offers so I'm assuming that's why they didn't transfer them (again). So I'm counting it as there really being 5 missing, which is pretty darn good. Of those 5 I'd really like to see two of them show up, the other 3 were freebies I'd picked up for a friend and couldn't care less about. One of the missing is the Lord of the Rings omnibus which it looks like they transferred just the Two Towers for by mistake. There is also a book called How Few Remain by Harry Turtledove which isn't listed at FW and may have been mistakenly transferred for one of my missing books, like Two Towers was.

There are 30 books with missing covers 19 of which were freebies from back when they did freebies for some of the Hugo (or some other award) nominations and didn't have cover at FW either IIRC. Of the other 11, 9 of them are duplicate books and the other copy has a cover (kind of odd) and the other 2 are books from Big Six pubs.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #370
3dusty
Connoisseur
3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
I finally got my code today. But it was after a call to Barnes and Noble yesterday. Just checked and all of my 28 purchases have transferred. So I'm good!
3dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #371
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I got my code today like many others. Most of my books transferred. I don't really care about the few that didn't. All of them have covers. I'm pretty happy with how it worked out in the end, especially since I now have EPUB versions of books purchased in other formats.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #372
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Not counting duplicates at Fictionwise I had approximately 3200 books from both Fictionwise and eReader. Approximately 70 didn't show up including one book each from the Foreigner and Sten Series. Like others, my LOTR omnibus didn't transfer. Considering that my library goes back a decade the transfer went relatively smoothly.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #373
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I got my code today like many others. Most of my books transferred. I don't really care about the few that didn't. All of them have covers. I'm pretty happy with how it worked out in the end, especially since I now have EPUB versions of books purchased in other formats.
Same here. Even my LIT books I thought I lost transferred over. Only 3 didn't that's not bad.

I just found a book in the transfer that I didn't buy. It's gonna take more time to figure out what book it might have replaced by mistake.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-07-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #374
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Still no code - just talked to BN, AGAIN, and they say to wait for it.

I'm getting really tired of this.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #375
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
No code for me yet either.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote