Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Track replies

First of all I'd like to thank the creator/creators of MR. I've been on a lot of forums throughout the years and there's none that beats MR in it's simplicity and user friendliness.

When posting in a thread it's brilliant to automatically be subscribed to the thread. However some threads have a heavy posting frequency making it hard to follow every single posting. In this case I might miss a response to something I've posted. Would it be possible to add a tracker that notifies me when someone is responding/quoting to a post I've previously made?

For all I know this might exist, but I've looked around and can't find that such a function exist.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I find that all of the subscribed threads are listed in UserCP and since they are all there it is impossible to miss one. However if you a really want a notification you can set up configuration to email you changes in all the posts you are subscribed to. After a while I found this quite annoying since I got emails on stuff I had already read. Your choice.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's not the threads I'm missing, it's the single postings. Take for instance the "Hey!! Let's get some action going! What are we reading" this thread is huge with a lot of postings all the time. If I'm away for a week or two coming back I don't know where to start because I'm coming to the last post and haven't got a clue on which page I left off.

That being said a function where you could bookmark on which page you're at in the thread would be awesome.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
It's not the threads I'm missing, it's the single postings. Take for instance the "Hey!! Let's get some action going! What are we reading" this thread is huge with a lot of postings all the time. If I'm away for a week or two coming back I don't know where to start because I'm coming to the last post and haven't got a clue on which page I left off.

That being said a function where you could bookmark on which page you're at in the thread would be awesome.

You have that. There is a small arrow on the left of the thread that you can click to pick up where you left off.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #5
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
How do you turn of email notifications, i tried in CP but it didn't work, i just want to turn off notifications for threads especially individually
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
For me, the system keeps track of my last post read on any thread. There are indicators in the New Subscribed Threads and View all Subscribed Threads in my User CP. By hovering over this indicator, you will see that you can be directed to the first unread post in that thread.

I've attached some examples of where I can look for new posts. These indicators are also in your New Posts and at the forum level, placed just before the thread title.

Is this what you need?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NewPost1.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	49344   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewPosts2.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	49345  
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
How do you turn of email notifications, i tried in CP but it didn't work, i just want to turn off notifications for threads especially individually
Try this.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:08 AM   #8
thinkpad
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
For me, the system keeps track of my last post read on any thread. There are indicators in the New Subscribed Threads and View all Subscribed Threads in my User CP. By hovering over this indicator, you will see that you can be directed to the first unread post in that thread.

I've attached some examples of where I can look for new posts. These indicators are also in your New Posts and at the forum level, placed just before the thread title.

Is this what you need?
Thanks DaleDe and Wetdogeared haven't used that way to get to a thread before. Brilliant. Karma coming your way.

The thing that got me confused is that I normally follow threads by going to "Quick links"/"Subscribed Threads". When I've read the thread the small arrow option disappear. So I haven't noticed it up until now.

Last edited by thinkpad; 04-07-2010 at 03:23 AM.