Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
PeersC
PeersC began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle Email - Amazon Email

Hi there,

I have just won an amazon kindle in a competition - However, I live in Egypt and amazon doesn't support kindles in Egypt - I can't buy anything from amazon.com - However with caliber I can browse for titles and convert to my kindle - I have only done this via USB at moment.

I can connect my kindle to the internet via wifi on my home network but will I be able send documents to ??????@kindle.com

Would I be better off DE-registering it and setting it up with a manual setup.

Any help appreciated

Peers
PeersC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Interesting question since the ????@kindle.com accounts are managed by Amazon! Why not simply try emailing an ebook to that account (without using Calibre) to see what happens.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
PeersC
PeersC began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Email success

Thanks for the tip,

I emailed a book from my personal hard drive and email account to ??????@kindle.com - waited a while then logged into the amazon account on the PC which said I had a new book from email addy asked to accept the book from my email account - answered yes and within a few minutes it appeared on the kindle.

So it looks as though it'll work with calibre fine

Many Thanks

Peers

PeersC is offline   Reply With Quote