Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Question Epub/Mobi TO pdf conversion problem

Hi:

And now for something completely different--I need to convert either epub or mobi format to pdf to send to my author client as a printable mechanism for her to proof (like a galley). Each time I've tried to convert an epub or mobi to pdf, I get an error message, the relevant portion of which seems to be this:

Code:
Creating PDF Output...
Converting input as a text based book...
Serializing oeb input to disk for processing...
Python function terminated unexpectedly
  'OptionValues' object has no attribute 'preserve_cover_aspect_ratio' (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 103, in main
  File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 99, in main
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 24, in gui_convert
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 919, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\pdf\output.py", line 88, in convert
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\pdf\output.py", line 98, in convert_text
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\epub\output.py", line 170, in insert_cover
AttributeError: 'OptionValues' object has no attribute 'preserve_cover_aspect_ratio'
I have absolutely no idea what I should be doing to resolve the aspect ration attribute. My covers are placed in Sigil, not via Calibre. Is that the issue? Input, anyone? Neither she nor any of my other backlist clients use desktop readers, or will proof via monitor.

Thanks in advance,

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
It may be a bug, but there may be a workaround...

Look in Preferences --> Conversion --> PDF Output (you have to scroll far to the right to find the tab) and see if the Preserve Aspect Ration of Cover checkbox is ticked.

If it is, untick it and try again.

cap

Last edited by capidamonte; 06-15-2010 at 11:08 PM.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 02:26 AM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
It may be a bug, but there may be a workaround...

Look in Preferences --> Conversion --> PDF Output (you have to scroll far to the right to find the tab) and see if the Preserve Aspect Ration of Cover checkbox is ticked.

If it is, untick it and try again.

m a r
Hi, Cap:

I would if I could, but there is no "Preserve Aspect Ration of Cover" for pdf output. ;-)

Are you following me around? {grin}

I realize that nobody else on the planet probably ever got this error, because nobody else is trying to convert TO pdf, but, {sigh}, such is my fate. Any other takers?

Hitch
Old 06-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I would if I could, but there is no "Preserve Aspect Ration of Cover" for pdf output.
I'm using (Windows XP) Calibre 0.7.2 and there is a Preserve Aspect Ratio of Cover checkbox in the PDF output.

Update: See attached images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre_pdf_output1.png
Views:	480
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	53384   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre_pdf_output2.png
Views:	478
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	53385  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-15-2010 at 06:41 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I'm using (Windows XP) Calibre 0.7.2 and there is a Preserve Aspect Ratio of Cover checkbox in the PDF output.

Update: See attached images.
Dang, I was only one version behind! Calibre 0.7.1 apparently didn't have the "preserve aspect ratio of cover" option, but, indeedy, 0.7.2 does and the pdf conversion worked, although I'll have to work on the options, like borders, etc., so my client can print the thing. The output was odd, albeit readable and printable (I think wrt the latter).

Thank you VERY much, both of you!

Hitch
Advert

Tags
convert to pdf