Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
shopintheusa
Enthusiast
shopintheusa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
$50 Sony eBook Store Gift Card

The Bookstore comes to you. Easily browse, purchase, and download eBooks for your Reader or computer. Valid at ebookstore.sony.com
I am asking $60 for the gift card which covers time and energy spent to get them. US residents can get these at face value at any retailer. This is for international customers.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-06-2010 at 06:50 AM.
shopintheusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
Hawke
Hawke began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Long shot

Is this still for sale.
Hawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
Is this still for sale.
This is a ripoff. If you really want one I can pick one up at Target the next time I'm there. You'd obviously need to send me the $50 first.

Instead of shipping the card, I'd just email you the info you need to enter to get the credit.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:

Please read the STICKY, which is directed toward ALL careful Members of MobileRead.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
This is a ripoff. If you really want one I can pick one up at Target the next time I'm there. You'd obviously need to send me the $50 first.

Instead of shipping the card, I'd just email you the info you need to enter to get the credit.

-Marcy
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post

-Marcy
You don't even need to go to Target. You can buy the giftcards via Sony's eBookstore using Reader Library and have the gift card information emailed directly. It's that simple. So you can get the money and buy the gift cards without even leaving your computer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopintheusa View Post
The Bookstore comes to you. Easily browse, purchase, and download eBooks for your Reader or computer. Valid at ebookstore.sony.com
I am asking $60 for the gift card which covers time and energy spent to get them. US residents can get these at face value at any retailer. This is for international customers.
Your time and energy to log into the eBookstore, click a few buttons, type an email address is not worth $10 extra to anyone.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #8
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic
disney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kindle Keyboard
Just want to add that I can get Sony gift cards for anyone. I've done it for many people on this board, and I don't charge anything extra.
disney_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_mommy View Post
Just want to add that I can get Sony gift cards for anyone. I've done it for many people on this board, and I don't charge anything extra.
I have bought gift cards for others as well without charging extra. The only thing I made sure of was that the PayPal fee was paid by the buyer. And it's no hassle to do it using Reader Library. Just log into the eBookstore, buy the gift cards, have them emailed to the buyer and done. No having to go to any stores to buy them.

Sorry shopintheusa but the time and effort to buy gift cards is not worth $10. It can be done in less then 5 minutes.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:03 AM   #10
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Of course... it's easy money from someone, who thinks they're getting a great deal...

Shame on you!
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #11
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
I wonder if this is the same person - it's the same username - that has a Nook Color on ebay for $280.00 (with 5 hours to go and no bids!), when B&N have them for US $249.00!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #12
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic
disney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
I wonder if this is the same person - it's the same username - that has a Nook Color on ebay for $280.00 (with 5 hours to go and no bids!), when B&N have them for US $249.00!
Hopefully nobody falls for that!
disney_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Do not trust or buy anything from shopintheusa. He is scamming people. It takes less then 5 minutes to buy gift cards from Sony and you don't even have to leave the house.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopintheusa View Post
It really bothers me that someone is trying to make an easy profit off of a new member, or anyone, that might not realize they don't have to pay the extra $10 to get a Sony GC outside the US.

It doesn't seem to fit in with the spirit of this board.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
It really bothers me that someone is trying to make an easy profit off of a new member, or anyone, that might not realize they don't have to pay the extra $10 to get a Sony GC outside the US.

It doesn't seem to fit in with the spirit of this board.
It doesn't because it isn't. All that is happening is shopintheusa is trying to take advantage of people. I've bought gift cards for people and not charged them any extra except for making sure any Paypal fees are payed by the buyer. And once I found out I could do it via the Sony software, it was even easier to do. No going to any store, just buy it online and have it directly emailed.