Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 09-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
Need a Sony 505 or 700 Reader. Will pay $165

Wanting to buy a used Sony 505 or 700 reader in good condition. Willing to pay $165 USD (you pay Priority shipping&Ins). If you are interested, please PM me.

luvshihtzu
Tucson, Arizona
USA

Last edited by luvshihtzu; 10-22-2009 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Change of price to include shipping
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

I have changed my offer to $165 for a used Sony 505 with accessories and Priority shipping& insurance.
luvshihtzu
Advert
Old 10-05-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Have you just checked you're local target?
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
luvshihtzu
Groupie

Yes, I have checked Target. They haven't had any since early September. Sam's club still has some, but taxes are way too high.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #5
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
eBay may be another option...
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2009, 12:42 AM   #6
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
Borders was selling the 505 new for $199 ... as long as they had stock. About a month ago 4 Borders stores around me still had some in sock. So you may want to check if you have a Borders around you.

good luck !
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
luvshihtzu
Groupie

The Borders Stores here in Tucson,AZ are out. One store said they sent them all back over a month ago. She thought they went back to Sony, but didn't know for sure. Tried another Target and they haven't had any in a couple of months.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
luvshihtzu
Groupie

I still am looking for the Sony 505 or 700. Hopefully someone will have one in my price range. Checked eBay, but prices are too high. Guess that sellers have to cover all the fees somehow.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #9
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Its going to be tough to find one at the price you are asking. It is very easy to get $200+ for a used PRS-505 at the moment. The prices are also going up bit by bit as the 505 gets scarcer. You might get lucky with someone here on MR, but I wouldn't wait too long.

Last edited by orion2001; 10-12-2009 at 08:09 PM.
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion2001 View Post
Its going to be tough to find one at the price you are asking. It is very easy to get $200+ for a used PRS-505 at the moment. The prices are also going up bit by bit as the 505 gets scarcer. You might get lucky with someone here on MR, but I wouldn't wait too long. Also $165 including shipping seems a but unreasonable imho.
You never know. I bought a 505 with the lighted cover not to long ago for $150 shipped.

Whether prices go up I think will depend on what's announced in the next few months. Although I do agree that finding one for around $200 is easier (you can get one new for that at a lot of Target stores on clearance).

Last edited by AnemicOak; 10-12-2009 at 08:12 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #11
luvshihtzu
Groupie

I see that the prices are starting to drop on eBay. People are starting to get rid of them especially with all the new readers coming out at lower prices. This should end up being a good buying season for electronic readers, used and new. Have to laugh at the so called shortage, when the local Sam's Club has over 100 of the 505s sitting out for $250.

One thing about buying from eBay is not knowing if the Sony reader is really working well. A lot of sellers aren't offering a return if the unit has problems. I emailed one seller and he said he had just played around with the unit a bit and couldn't I see the picture showing the unit as being on and lit next to his ad? He refused to refund, if the unit didn't work correctly.

May end up buying the new Sony 300. I can get a decent price ( lower than $190 at a couple of electronic stores and they come with a warranty, free or low shipping and no tax.
I prefer to buy used electronics from forums where the seller knows what he is talking about and the chances are good for someone being honest. That is why I am trying to find one here.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #12
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvshihtzu View Post
I see that the prices are starting to drop on eBay. People are starting to get rid of them especially with all the new readers coming out at lower prices. This should end up being a good buying season for electronic readers, used and new. Have to laugh at the so called shortage, when the local Sam's Club has over 100 of the 505s sitting out for $250.

One thing about buying from eBay is not knowing if the Sony reader is really working well. A lot of sellers aren't offering a return if the unit has problems. I emailed one seller and he said he had just played around with the unit a bit and couldn't I see the picture showing the unit as being on and lit next to his ad? He refused to refund, if the unit didn't work correctly.

May end up buying the new Sony 300. I can get a decent price ( lower than $190 at a couple of electronic stores and they come with a warranty, free or low shipping and no tax.
I prefer to buy used electronics from forums where the seller knows what he is talking about and the chances are good for someone being honest. That is why I am trying to find one here.
I think it is a good idea to buy from here. Having said that, I bought mine from a seller on ebay (used) and it was in great condition. The best thing to do is research the sellers selling history. In my case, the seller had sold other electronic items in the past including new sony PRS's (was an amateur ebay-business I guess) and had glowing reviews. If you find a good deal on Ebay from a reliable seller consider going for it.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #13
luvshihtzu
Groupie

Thought this video on You Tube was quite interesting regarding the page turn speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQPv9WGx__A&feature=fvw
What Sony Doesn't Want You to Know About their eReader

Last edited by luvshihtzu; 10-19-2009 at 05:01 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #14
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Guess I am changing my mind about the Sony and am looking into the Astak for $199 on their site.
Thought this video on You Tube was quite interesting regarding the page turn speed.

The EZ Reader at Fry's is still $150($30 rebate). That is if you have one close.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #15
orion2001
Groupie

Quote:
Guess I am changing my mind about the Sony and am looking into the Astak for $199 on their site.

I've seen that video, but I must say that it isn't representative at all of PDF performance on the PRS-505. In fact, I have switched to formatting all my books in PDF for personal use since I love the formatting/layout benefits of using PDF (ie proper full page justification with hyphenation, dropcaps, easy headers, footers, equations and graphics using any basic wordprocessor). The page turns are almost as fast as LRF files.

I have also tried regular A4 formatted PDFs and again, the page turn isn't that bad at all. I'm sure there might be a few PDFs that behave as in the video (and it is stated in the comments too), but most of them behave fine. A lot of folk here read PDF books on their PRS-505.