Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
franas
franas began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 950
Sony PRS-950 booting to "frozen" Main Menu (Beta Version)

My ereader has been booting up to the Main Menu (Beta Version) and then refuses to continue on to "open" the books screen. Tried soft and hard resetting to no avail. Very rarely (after multiple rebooting, resetting, recharging, etc.), it'll boot to the end to allow me to see the "books" screen and use the ereader normally. It will then return to the Main Menu (Beta Version) state after a few consecutive sessions. I suspect that the battery may need replacement but cannot find any resource for a new battery and/or how to do it. There surely must be a replacement battery? I also read that there's a chance that this unit may be a beta version sold by BB. I called Sony but Techs gave me a run-around. Any thought about this? Thanks.
franas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:44 AM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I haven't seen any posts similar to yours regarding the 950. I've never had a similar issue with mine. People that had the so-called Best Buy demo version reported that they appeared to function normally and weren't really sure what the fuss was about. I have seen people post asking about batteries for the 950, but I haven't seen any positive responses. You could try searching on the other x50 models like a 650 to see if anyone offers a way to reset from demo mode. I'm afraid the only real advice I have is to keep calling Sony. Maybe a different tech can give you better help than the last one. Sometimes you get different help when you ask via chat or email compared to phone also. Good luck!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert