Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Is it possible to locate your scribbles (jump to the page where they are)?

Hi all

I have the following problem: I am doing some research and I have to read from a couple of books at the same time.
I do not read the books chapter by chapter. Due to the nature of my research I have to read chapters in a let's call it random order. The problem that I am having is to know where are my scribbles in a specific book. I would like to do that with the reader. I do realize that merging the scribbles and opening the book on a PC will allow me to find what I am looking in an instant. What I need is to find my scribbles using the Onyx e-reader and its software

thanks for any suggestion you might have
PF
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It would be nice to be able to jump in M92 from scrible to scrible.

Also would be nice, if M92 would allow to export scribles joined with pdf (like now), but only pages with scribles. The export would "extract" interesting parts of the text.

The best would be to export only the section of page where scrible is, but it might be difficult implement. But skipping pages without any scrible should not be much work to do, I guess...

It would maybe partialy solve your problem. (If one desires keep the page in exported doc, just makes a small mark, e.g. dot).

Maybe, that Onyx could implement this easily and fast.... Just to add another export icon, or probably better - while exporting scribles with pdf ask in a simple dialog if whole or scribles only is to be generated.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
all they need to do is to implement a function to allow you to see comments section of a PDF. At least this is where I see the scribbles placed in a PDF after they are merged.

A dialogue box will add one more step. Just a simple separate icon is OK.

No, exporting just the scribbled pages is not all of us want. I, for one, don't what to lose the context of the information that I selected by scribbling
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I agree. Sometimes I like to have the whole document with scribles and sometimes only the interesting portions of it. The context pages one may "mark" with a small dot on each of them.

That's why I suggested there might be a dialog box when creating joined pdf. Or there may be a separate icon for it... But one does not make many dozens pdfs a day, so the dialog solution seems to me OK, but I may oversee something..
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote