Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
Cyndall
Cyndall is on a distinguished road

Device: sony 505 and 700
Converting Multiple Books

This may be silly, I got the newest version of Calibre today and cannot convert more than one book at a time and I have 9 old classics to convert.

I used to be able to make them all blue(the books) and press convert and it did all the work. What am I doing wrong besides not being very computer savvy?
Cyndall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:43 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndall View Post
This may be silly, I got the newest version of Calibre today and cannot convert more than one book at a time and I have 9 old classics to convert.
I have to ask. What version of calibre are you running. Saying you got the newest version doesn't always give a guarantee that you are running the newest version.

I ask because bulk conversions of books without covers was broke in 0.7.21.

If you are running 0.7.22 then please let us know the format you are converting from, the format you are converting to, and the exact error message calibre gives you.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 12:13 AM   #3
Cyndall

Thanks! I am running 0.7.22 and coverting epub into mobi
Old 10-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Calibre recently added drag'n'drop support, I suspect this may be your problem. The previous versions allowed you to drag-select.

Instead of just dragging across the books you want to convert, just click the first book, then hold down the shift key, and click the last book. Then you can click the convert button or press 'c' to convert all the books.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:44 AM   #5
Cyndall

That worked! Thank you so much :-)
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 01:14 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
Calibre recently added drag'n'drop support, I suspect this may be your problem. The previous versions allowed you to drag-select.
Good catch.

You can still drag-select the books you just have to do it in the book number field.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote