Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #16
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by corona View Post
You know this is probably evidence I should get a life, but sometimes -- sometimes -- I think both the red and the blue light flash when I turn the page.
I get the double light when I turn the Kobo on, but I haven't yet noticed it during a page turn.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:10 AM   #17
malcs
malcs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Yes I have experienced this too. It can take as many as 3 pushes, the final being very hard, to get the page to turn. At other times its a breeze and takes the lightest of touches. grrr Not half as frustrating though, as not being able to manage my books the way I want to...
malcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #18
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
I had this problem and called customer service. They walked me through a reset and that seems to have solved the problem. But I think this is a problem Kobo definitely needs to address. That right-click button is the one you use most, so it needs to be robust.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:18 AM   #19
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
I had this problem and called customer service. They walked me through a reset and that seems to have solved the problem.
Very interesting! That's good information to have.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #20
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update: the problem is back. The fact that the reset seemed to temporarily solve it makes me think that I should wait for the firmware upgrade before stressing over it any longer.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #21
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

I wonder if the black kobo is a better version? (made later???) This has never happened to me.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #22
billingd
Enthusiast
billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenn1 View Post
I wonder if the black kobo is a better version? (made later???) This has never happened to me.
My black kobo has the same problem.
billingd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #23
artificial
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billingd View Post
My black kobo has the same problem.
Ditto.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #24
csheehan
csheehan began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
This is my first post. I had this problem and the upshot of emailing Kobo support was an offer of a replacement. I was never observant enough to associate the double click with a Kobo setting, but I did notice that it happened alot going to a new chapter and less with a just charged battery. There were times when it seemed that every second page required a double click, other times very few were required. My new Kobo has required a few double clicks but, since I now think it is a firmware issue, I will wait and hope for an upgrade.
csheehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #25
RonH
RonH began at the beginning.

I wonder if the delay could sometimes be caused by the operating system (Linux, I believe) being occupied dragging a new chunk of text into a buffer prior to displaying it.
RonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #26
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've had my kobo since its release. Haven't had any problems with the page turn button until yesterday. All of the sudden out of nowhere (I haven't updated the firware and have no plans to) it now takes 2 clicks for a page turn almost every other page. I'm not sure what to do. Have any of you updated the firmware and has that fixed the problem?
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
fred_yu_job
Connoisseur
fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Does this issue related to the book being watched??
I mean, maybe the CSS matters?
fred_yu_job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #28
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duiker View Post
I've had my kobo since its release. Haven't had any problems with the page turn button until yesterday. All of the sudden out of nowhere (I haven't updated the firware and have no plans to) it now takes 2 clicks for a page turn almost every other page. I'm not sure what to do. Have any of you updated the firmware and has that fixed the problem?
Actually I had the opposite happen to me. The button was fine before the upgrade and now sometimes (not always) I have to hit it a couple times before it works.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #29
J. Strnad
Guru

I had the problem before the firmware upgrade, but haven't had it since.

It could be that I'm reading a different book, I don't know.