Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
MacDonald, Betty: The Egg and I, v1, 9 March 2010.

Betty MacDonald [1908?–1958]
The Egg and I [1945]

An amusing account of the author's experience as a poultry farmer in Washington State, which became a huge bestseller, and was later filmed.
Sourced from Project Gutenberg Canada.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you, Patricia. I absolutely loved this.

I just found out that one of her neighbors in the story (and some others) was the basis for the Ma and Pa Kettle movies I watched when I was younger (although, denied in the lawsuits)

It's written as though she is telling the stories and is easy to picture the situations. It could be that, since I have some familiarity with the various endeavors and have seen the Ma and Pa Kettle movies, that I was able to vividly picture the situations.

This is one book that I would love to have on my shelf. It is very true to the era and situations (according to my parents). We also had chickens, rabbits, etc when I was young, and I can relate to some of the endless everyday chores.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I must say that I admire farmers. They just can't pull a sickie or have a lie-in, with animals that need tending.
I had heard about the book, though didn't read it until I did the conversion. I also enjoyed it a lot.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Thank you, Patricia. I absolutely loved this.

I just found out that one of her neighbors in the story (and some others) was the basis for the Ma and Pa Kettle movies I watched when I was younger (although, denied in the lawsuits)
Yeah, Majorie Main and Percy Kilbride first appeared in the movie version of The Egg and I as Ma and Pa Kettle. They proved to be so popular that they were given their own movies.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american literature, autobiography, chickens, eggs, poultry