Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #91
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
I was quite pleasantly surprised to check the Smashwords BestSeller chart and find Boomerang sitting at #9 on the All Time chart. I am hoping you will consider making that $0.99 investment and seeing for yourself what lots of others have already discovered!

https://www.smashwords.com/100/sellers/top/alltime/1/0

Best,
Alan
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #92
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations, Alan.

I saw it was #9 on the 25 All Time Best Sellers when I was checking my cart today. You should be proud of all those little stars, too....
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #93
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
From Steve Allen's Private Joke File by Steve Allen:

WRITING
....."I wrote a book called Boomerang and sent it to a publisher."
....."What happened?"
....."It came right back."

Here's hoping your Boomerang will have much better success! Nice to see it at #9 on the All Time Best Seller chart at Smashwords. It certainly deserves it!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-06-2010 at 02:57 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #94
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
From Steve Allen's Private Joke File by Steve Allen:

WRITING
....."I wrote a book called Boomerang and sent it to a publisher."
....."What happened?"
....."It came right back."

Here's hoping your Boomerang will have much better success! Nice to see it at #9 on the All Time Best Seller chart at Smashwords. It certainly deserves it!
Ah, Steve Allen. A funny and quite prolific fellow. I don't recall his Tonight Show stuff (I'm not quite that old) but the clips I've seen are impressive. And he was a good composer too. Wrote lots and lots of songs. One of those people that makes you wonder just when he slept. Or ate or went to the bathroom for that matter. I call them 28 Hour people. God gave 'em more hours in their day. Not fair.

Coupon for $0.99 Boomerang: MN64D. And I promise, you won't want to send it back!

Best to all,
Alan

Last edited by plumboz; 05-07-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #95
plumboz
Novelist

Hi,

Just wanted to remind folks here that the ninety-nine cent special on Boomerang is still good. Coupon code MN64D.

Comment from an editor with a major publishing house about earlier version of Boomerang.

This is clearly a fun and light-hearted romp of a mystery story, full of adventure and humor. The author shows skill in crafting a sentence as well as creating developed, well-rounded characters. The story is madcap and crazy plot twists keep the reader turning the pages. It has a nice international feel, with lots of locations that would appeal to a wide audience, and lots of “hooks” for publicity or marketing to use, such as the jazz angle, or the smuggling angle, or the political angle, etc. These kind of hooks are important if you want a book to really succeed in the marketplace, and here the author certainly covers plenty of bases.

Of course, if they had picked up the book ("writing sometimes too clever" and they thought I should get rid of Oz the dog, which just ain't happening) if wouldn't be available for just $0.99! So if you like your reading as described above, give Boomerang a try.

All the best,
Alan
Old 05-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #96
plumboz
Novelist

Thanks!

Wasn't that long ago that Boomerang passed the 1,000 download mark and now it is approaching 1,400. Not bad. Thank you to all the MR members who have read it already, or at least have it in your TBR file!

Best to all,
Alan

Last edited by plumboz; 05-16-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #97
plumboz
Novelist

Sneak Peek at Next Ted and Jerry Adventure

Hi,

If I might say Thanks! once again to everybody here who has gotten a copy of Boomerang for their very own. I really appreciate it and do hope that I have held up my end of the bargain with a good read.

If you would like to see what is in the works for the next Ted and Jerry adventure, please check out opening pages to Close Enough for Jazz, which can be found right here..............

http://boomerangthenovel.blogspot.co...rrys-next.html

Best,
Alan
Old 05-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #98
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Thanks, Alan! I can't wait to read the novel!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #99
plumboz
Novelist

Otis, my man!

WT,

I'm working on CEFJ as fast as I can. Almost done with Chapter Seven and I've got to say that I'm having fun with it, which isn't always the case. Honestly, I put off working on a follow-up to Boomerang when I couldn't find a publisher, but the ebook has found enough of a readership (although that bus ain't anywhere near full yet!) that now it seems the right thing to do.

Thanks for having a look!

Alan
Old 05-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #100
ttluisa
Enthusiast
ttluisa began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, kindle 3
I just got this book yesterday for $1.99 because I didn't realize there is still a 99 cents coupon. I was kinda upset at myself when I found out the extended coupon but after reading a few pages I realized that the original price was actually a great deal already.
THIS BOOK IS EASILY WORTH FIVE TIMES MORE! Great job Alan!
ttluisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #101
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
If you would like to see what is in the works for the next Ted and Jerry adventure, please check out opening pages to Close Enough for Jazz, which can be found right here..............

http://boomerangthenovel.blogspot.co...rrys-next.html
Ted and Jerry! It looks interesting. I'm looking forward to reading this, Alan.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:44 AM   #102
plumboz
Novelist

Gee, Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttluisa View Post
I just got this book yesterday for $1.99 because I didn't realize there is still a 99 cents coupon. I was kinda upset at myself when I found out the extended coupon but after reading a few pages I realized that the original price was actually a great deal already.
THIS BOOK IS EASILY WORTH FIVE TIMES MORE! Great job Alan!
That is very, very kind.

Do I owe you money? Or are we related?

Really, it's great to hear when somebody enjoys ones writing.

Thank you.

Best,
Alan
Old 05-24-2010, 12:10 AM   #103
plumboz
Novelist

A very nice review for Boomerang from a reader on Smashwords.

One of the best novels that I have read in recent times- suspenseful, witty and racy. I look forward to more such writings from Mr. Hutcheson.
N.Venkatasubramanian
Old 05-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #104
plumboz
Novelist

Coupon still Good

Update: May 26, 2010

Just wanted to remind folks here that the ninety-nine cent special on Boomerang is still good. Coupon code MN64D.

Latest review of Boomerang:

Review by: Nagaswami Venkatasubramanian on May. 23, 2010 : star star star star star
One of the best novels that I have read in recent times- suspenseful, witty and racy. I look forward to more such writings from Mr. Hutcheson.
N.Venkatasubramanian

Review by: dreams on Nov. 20, 2009 : star star star star star
Great fun from start to finish. The various antics of the characters had me laughing out loud as I visualized the situations. I loved following the old lady sisters, Amelia and Doreen (they were so real that I could almost hear their conversations) and Ted and Jerry (that guy had more stuff he was into than poor Ted could keep up with). If that wasn't enough, add in the alphabet soup of government agencies and “the clothing optional former onion festival queen". I had no idea how it was going to end and couldn't wait to find out. This will definitely be on my to-be-read-again list.

Thanks to everyone who has already gotten Boomerang. If you liked it, please do an author a favor and pass the word. Let the folks in your circle know about the coupon.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:16 PM   #105
plumboz
Novelist

And now Boomerang is available from Kobo.

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Boome...NbQ/page1.html

Best,
Alan

Tags
amazon, barnes and noble, boomerang, comic novel, smashwords