Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 11:08 PM   #16
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
It is a well known fact that:
- Blue is easier on the eyes
- Stories have better endings on the blue one
- Blue is easier on the environment
- Only the coolest people own the blue Sony
- The blue one has less calories
- And more virtue

Cassidym
President SOBSR
And as you stated on another thread, the blue one makes you read faster, makes you smarter, and makes you better looking too. (I have the silver.)
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #17
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Well, I'd have to say go with the *BLUE*but then again, I could be slightly biased

Go Team *BLUE*!!!

P.S. It really is so dark a blue that it looks almost black.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #18
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I think this site is a pretty good representation of the actual colours. (no covers shown).

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:51 AM   #19
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
I would vote for the silver -- it's easier on my eyes and less distracting when reading. And it was the only colour in stock and available to buy (I could have waited a few weeks, but I have no will power).

Having said that, however, it does tend to disappear into the background and if I didn't have the tri-fold cover (which is orange on the inside) I would be forever in danger of putting my coffee cup down on it.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:24 AM   #20
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
It is a well known fact that:
- Blue is easier on the eyes
- Stories have better endings on the blue one
- Blue is easier on the environment
- Only the coolest people own the blue Sony
- The blue one has less calories
- And more virtue

Cassidym
President SOBSR
While I can't dispute your facts, I can show you 'another way.'
If you leave the cover open, the calories fall out, same as when you break a chocolate bar in half. I think this is self-evident to any clear thinking adult.
Paul Muriat said 'Love is Blue.' Stitchawl said Sony 505 is silver. He is not cool. Virtuless even... He is, however, easier on the eyes.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 07:03 AM   #21
spec2
Enthusiast
spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
I'm sure with all these divergent replies you are now at peace with which color to get

In any case here is my .02. I bought the blue b/c it's the closest to black and gives the illusion of better screen contrast. OTOH silver blends best with the screen to produce an "endless" screen effect and bests replicate an actual book page. Red, well, personally I find it distracting, but that's me.
spec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:09 AM   #22
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
I had the same struggle as you. Then I bought the silver because I could by it locally at a good price. That gave me the ability to return it if there were any issues without having to ship it anywhere.

Now that I have been using the silver I can't tell you how awesome this device is. It literally disappears in your hand and you get absorbed into your book. Get the color you want but I really don't think it matters from a contrast perspective. I truly thought it would but the screen is that good.

Pick, buy, enjoy!
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:42 AM   #23
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
And as you stated on another thread, the blue one makes you read faster, makes you smarter, and makes you better looking too. (I have the silver.)
Silver is chic-er though

*starts the silver sony anti defamation league* Anyone join me?
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #24
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Silver is chic-er though

*starts the silver sony anti defamation league* Anyone join me?
I'm in. We're in the SSADL...
(Humming...
There once was a union maid
Who never was afraid
Of goons or ginks or company finks
Or deputy sheriffs that made a raid
She went to the union hall
When a meeting it was called
And when the Legion boys come 'round
She always stood her ground.

Oh no, you can't scare me, I'm sticking to the union,
I'm sticking to the union, I'm sticking to the union.
Oh, you can't scare me, I'm sticking to the union,
I'm sticking to the union 'til the day I die.)

I feel better now.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:04 AM   #25
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Which reminds me of the UK one "You can't get me I'm part of the union" - lyrics here

(Apols for the threadjack)
Old 03-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #26
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
On the other hand, I have thought about going silver, simply because I can walk down the street and buy it no problem for $269 every day, and then putting a skin on it like this:

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,18971.htm

In that way I can pick, or change, the color at will. As for the ease of returning the silver locally, I intend to buy a colored one from walmart.com's website, have it shipped to my local store and pick up. If I don't like it I can just return it to the store. Whatever color I go with I can easily return it.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:29 AM   #27
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
On the other hand, I have thought about going silver, simply because I can walk down the street and buy it no problem for $269 every day, and then putting a skin on it like this:

In that way I can pick, or change, the color at will.
There you go - another very good reason to go with the silver
Old 03-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #28
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post

In that way I can pick, or change, the color at will. As for the ease of returning the silver locally, I intend to buy a colored one from walmart.com's website, have it shipped to my local store and pick up. If I don't like it I can just return it to the store. Whatever color I go with I can easily return it.
Good decision. The truth is, the way I ended up with blue was that I wandered into the Sony Store intending to buy a 505 just after Christmas and the clerk, to my delight, told me they had three (blue as it turned out) 505's on sale. They had been used as window displays and, consequently, were being offered at 40% off. Although they were out of the box, they hadn't been handled a lot so I grabbed one. And have been very pleased ever since.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #29
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Quote:
Good decision. The truth is, the way I ended up with blue was that I wandered into the Sony Store intending to buy a 505 just after Christmas and the clerk, to my delight, told me they had three (blue as it turned out) 505's on sale. They had been used as window displays and, consequently, were being offered at 40% off. Although they were out of the box, they hadn't been handled a lot so I grabbed one. And have been very pleased ever since.

Dang! I would looooovvvveeeee that to happen. Unfortunately, we do not have Sony stores around here, and none of the local stores that do carry these readers have any color but silver. Most of the silver ones have grime and filth on them and don't look too impressive. I think the blue one would not show the dirt as much, but I am hearing that the blue is almost a purplish color. And purple I flat don't like.

I would love to find one on sale. If cheap enough I don't care what color it is. My desire to save money overrides all.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #30
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
What I've subsequently learned is that, if you can get to a Sony Store early in the Christmas season, you can out your name a list of people who want to buy the window displays (at a good discount) after New Years.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote