Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-28-2004, 04:08 AM   #1
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
25 free .INFO domains at Dotster.com

You can register 25 free .INFO domains at Dotster.com with any hidden charges.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 07:35 PM   #2
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Wow, domainsite.com just did this 3 weeks ago with the same exact promotion. 25 .info domains for free. The catch is that people gang up and register a bunch of them (I grabbed 18 myself, along with about 1/2 dozen .org and .com domains for some new businesses I'm growing), but... in a year's time, all of those domains will need to be registered, and THAT is what costs money.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2004, 02:44 AM   #3
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
Does seem rather underhanded.

Why not just register one domain you really want, and shell out a few bucks? Domains really don't cost much to register for a year (if you have a job, even on minimum wage, that's a few hours work).
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 03:20 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
My problem was I didn't even come up with more than a handful domain names I would like to register (especially not with the ugly .info at the end)... I registered turcic.info just for the fun, but not sure what to do with it

There were other registrars, as hacker mentioned, who also offered the free .info domains:
dotster
namescure
domaindiscount24
1and1
domainsite (used to be now its $0.99)

Of what I read this is all a campaign by http://www.afilias.info/gateway/index_html to promote the .info TLD. It will be interesting to see the renewal rate next year, respectively how many .INFo delete there will be
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote