Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Asus Transformer Pad 300 32GB $399

Is now available for pre-order, shipping Apr 22nd.

Specs:
  • 10.1-inch 1280x800 IPS display
  • 1.2Ghz quad-core Tegra 3 processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 32GB built-in storage
  • Plastic chassis
  • Android 4.0

Link
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
http://www.amazon.com/Transformer-TF...ta/B007P4YAPK/

Guess the price maybe went up? The site is showing $489.99. Unless I'm doing it wrong, of course.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Transformer-TF...ta/B007P4YAPK/

Guess the price maybe went up? The site is showing $489.99. Unless I'm doing it wrong, of course.
That's from a 3rd party seller. Looks like maybe Amazon & other 3rd parties sold out their pre-orders so this one (SPICY BOMB) is trying to get extra cash for the ones they have ordered.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Ah. I just clicked the link at the end of the article, and that's what it lead to. Makes sense, though.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:21 AM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
*sigh* Where's my Transformer Pad Infinity 700t?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #6
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
http://techcrunch.com/2012/03/27/jud...g-sales-stats/
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/04/16/asu...-prime-tablet/
Old 04-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
This doesn't apply to the 300; being made of plastic, it does not suffer from the signal dampening issues.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Thanks for the link, monkeyluis, and I agree: isn't it great that Asus quickly acknowledged an issue with their tablet, and actually handed out a free solution to all their customers who want one, ugly though it is? Would that all hardware companies were as quick to respond.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #10
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Thanks for the link, monkeyluis, and I agree: isn't it great that Asus quickly acknowledged an issue with their tablet, and actually handed out a free solution to all their customers who want one, ugly though it is? Would that all hardware companies were as quick to respond.

Graham
Yeah it is actually. Let's hope they don't do it again. Not that everything is expected to be perfect. But that launch seemed to be plagued with problems. Looks like a nice device too.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #11
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Is now available for pre-order, shipping Apr 22nd.

Specs:
  • 10.1-inch 1280x800 IPS display
  • 1.2Ghz quad-core Tegra 3 processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 32GB built-in storage
  • Plastic chassis
  • Android 4.0

Link
Nice specs for that price! Is $399 the price for the 32GB version or the 16? Be interesting to see how well it sells.
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #12
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think it's 32GB. The NAND Flash would cost, what, all of $5? Not much point to skimp when there's barely any difference in price between 16GB and 32GB. Especially not when you want to have every advantage you can over the iPad.

Mighty tempted to order one. I've been itching to pull the trigger on the Transformer for a while now (would've gotten the Prime already but it was out of stock from all my preferred sellers) but then ASUS announced a version with 1920x1200 resolution so I'm trying to hold out for that.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 04-19-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I think it's 32GB. The NAND Flash would cost, what, all of $5? Not much point to skimp when there's barely any difference in price between 16GB and 32GB. Especially not when you want to have every advantage you can over the iPad.

Mighty tempted to order one. I've been itching to pull the trigger on the Transformer for a while now (would've gotten the Prime already but it was out of stock from all my preferred sellers) but then ASUS announced a version with 1920x1200 resolution so I'm trying to hold out for that.
Agreed about not skimping if the price difference isn't that huge. Just haven't seen the final pricing yet for either model.

Love my old Tran but the "Optimus Prime" version is gonna be in a class by itself. I would indeed hold out for it if you can wait + you can afford it.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #14
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Well, the Prime has been out for a while and retails for $500. The Infinity 700t is estimated to sell for $600 for the WiFi model and around $700 for the 4G. Given pricing on the iPad, I think those prices are probably fairly accurate. The $750 (give or take) for the Infinity WiFi + dock wouldn't really be a hardship.

I can afford to wait. I've already got tablets I can use (iPad 3, HP TouchPad w/CM9, Nook Color dual-boot CM7/CM9). It's just that waiting sucks. I've been waiting since last year for a nice Android tablet. Would've already bought the Prime, but thank goodness stock was hard to come by or else I would be suffering buyer's remorse when ASUS releases the Infinity.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:55 AM   #15
VaporPunk
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Well, the Prime has been out for a while and retails for $500. The Infinity 700t is estimated to sell for $600 for the WiFi model and around $700 for the 4G. Given pricing on the iPad, I think those prices are probably fairly accurate. The $750 (give or take) for the Infinity WiFi + dock wouldn't really be a hardship.

I can afford to wait. I've already got tablets I can use (iPad 3, HP TouchPad w/CM9, Nook Color dual-boot CM7/CM9). It's just that waiting sucks. I've been waiting since last year for a nice Android tablet. Would've already bought the Prime, but thank goodness stock was hard to come by or else I would be suffering buyer's remorse when ASUS releases the Infinity.
Yeah, thats just my silly joke name for it.
Prime = Quad core + 1280 display.
Optimus Prime (700t) = Quad Core + 1920x1200 display.

That will be one sweet machine. I'd love to get my hands on it but no way I can justify it with a six-month old Tran original that does 99.9% of what I need already. But I'm jealous of you, very jealous...