Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
schuster
Zealot
schuster doesn't litterschuster doesn't litter

Device: prs-650 / prs-350 /kindle 3
resizing images in recipes?

1.) is there a solution to resizing images to get an output there all pictures has the same size? (only if sufficient resolution)

i try to set this in the

extra_css=
img {min-width:300px; max-width:600px; min-height:300px; max-height:800px}

but nothing happens (yes i'm a n00b in this)

i think a better way is to make it with postprocess, or not?
schuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuster View Post
1.) is there a solution to resizing images to get an output there all pictures has the same size? (only if sufficient resolution)

i try to set this in the

extra_css=
img {min-width:300px; max-width:600px; min-height:300px; max-height:800px}

but nothing happens (yes i'm a n00b in this)

i think a better way is to make it with postprocess, or not?
Image sizing depends on your output device selected, the input image size, the recipe extra CSS and any image processing in the recipe. I use min and max width in percent in comics recipes, so I know it works. Look at gocomics, comics.com and arcamax. I use image processing in recipes to rotate some images, which you can read about in my code sticky on that subject. I believe image processing can vary the resolution, but I've never needed to.

This is not going to be easy for a complete new user, and I have my doubts you really need to do anything other than adjust percent size, if that.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
schuster
Zealot

the problem is that some magazin`s have many different resolution of images in their articels, so i ask this question.

o.k. will do this at a later point an continue learning.

thank you
Old 05-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
the problem is that some magazin`s have many different resolution of images in their articels, so i ask this question.
Why is that a problem? The selected device causes calibre to downsize the image if it's too big, and smaller images shouldn't be uprezzed anyway. If you want them made smaller, use extra css.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
schuster
Zealot

that`s true,
i will drink a coffee to clear my brian and than i will thinking about it.

I've been thinking about nonsense, i believe

you are right
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
that`s true,
i will drink a coffee to clear my brian and than i will thinking about it.

I've been thinking about nonsense, i believe

you are right
That's OK, I'm sure there are reasons to do this in some circumstances. If you wanted to reduce the size of some selected images to thumbnail size, but not others,you might want to do this.