Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
JRMcClure
Banned
JRMcClure began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Calibre instructions

Moderator Notice
As the OP joined with the self-specified intent in their first post of contradicting MobileRead Guidelines, the Moderator team have elected to ban them.

We thank you for the several Reports we received from you, and the predominant degree of restraint shown in-thread.

Cheers,
Marc

I lied in my registration.

I am NOT going to be polite.

WHAT idiot let a programmer write the instructions to using Calibre? They should NEVER be allowed to communicate (or I should say TRY to communicate) with real human beings!

"calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books..."

First, start your damn sentence with a capital letter and don't fricking tell me about open source. NO ONE but programmers cares about open source. I want to know what calibre will do and a "e-book library management application" tells me nothing.

*curses at programmers some more*

Lock them in a room with their monkeys and find an actual human being to communicate with us other real human beings. And if it happens to be a human being with minimal communication skills, that might be nice too.

I'm only using this (or going to) because I need to and kind of wanted to know what the damn thing will do.

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 01-02-2011 at 02:41 PM.
JRMcClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Well.

Welcome to MobileRead, JRMClure.

Did I hear a "I'm not understanding exactly why I should use Calibre and could someone explain it further to me please?"

Even at my age I took "ebook library management application" to mean its a way to manage all the ebooks I'm collecting without keeping them on my kindle.

It does a lot more, too.

Unfortunately, you aren't likely to find out with that attitude.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Wow! You sure are a rude person.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Well, I can tell I'm going to be helping you. You have such a nice attitude that how could I not. Let us know *exactly* what you need.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
This is a badly needed edit.

Last edited by RockdaMan; 01-01-2011 at 11:07 PM.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Wow! You sure are a rude person.
Could it be a long lost relative of yours, JSWolf?

Old 01-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #7
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
You probably don't have enough tact in your entire body to muster up even a bit of embarrassment over that completely rude tantrum but don't worry about it too much ....

because I'm embarrassed for you.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
kelliedn
Enthusiast
kelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with others

Device: Sony Touch Reader PRS-650
Okay, how does HE have more Karma then me????? I've never ONCE been rude on this forum....

hmph...off to sulk in the corner.....
kelliedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelliedn View Post
Okay, how does HE have more Karma then me????? I've never ONCE been rude on this forum....

hmph...off to sulk in the corner.....
Because some one seriously lacking in brains and judgement thought he was funny/accurate/post your own reason here.

Never mind....

Last edited by desertgrandma; 01-01-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
kelliedn
Enthusiast
kelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with others

Device: Sony Touch Reader PRS-650
Holy Canole, well, my above statement no longer stands...thank you.

And JRMcClure not sure why you think the mobileread forum members are the ones to take your frustration out on, but if you look around a little you will see that there is a Calibre subforum where I'm sure all your (not rudely put) answer will be able to be answered...
kelliedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #11
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
I hope I can help counter the nastiness of JRMcClure's post by thanking the hardworking, brilliant and generous makers of FREE, continuously improving and abundantly USEFUL programs. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #12
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
All you have to do is ask...
Old 01-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #13
RockdaMan
Banned

Are there any competitors to Calibre, or is it in a class by itself?
Old 01-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:

And JRMcClure not sure why you think the mobileread forum members are the ones to take your frustration out on, but if you look around a little you will see that there is a Calibre subforum where I'm sure all your (not rudely put) answer will be able to be answered...
Ignorance and rudeness should never be rewarded.

Ignorance because the op doesn't know why 'open source IS important, and can't be bothered to watch the video to see what Calibre is about.

In other words, he won't even try to help himself before throwing himself on the floor, kicking his legs and yelling "I'm gonna tell!!!"

Rudeness is the post itself.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #15
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
Are there any competitors to Calibre, or is it in a class by itself?
Who knows? Once I started using it I never bothered looking for anything else. It's that sweeeet. But I bet there's nothing out there that can come close to doing what it does. Without Calibre my Kindle would only be half as enjoyable.

I see you visited his page too. Were you thinking about leaving a visitor message? I was. But I didn't. Because I didn't lie in my registration. So kudos to us for being polite.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote