Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 06:58 AM   #16
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
I'm beginning to feel like you. Pixel QI is very much about talk/press-releases and very little about action. We're still waiting for a device with the actual screen incorporated.
I've moved from highly interested to "oh, another PQ news item"...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #17
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
They announced a Pixel Qi USB monitor today: http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/28/p...-with-both-wi/
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #18
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
They announced a Pixel Qi USB monitor today: http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/28/p...-with-both-wi/
Same old story... just announcing, not actually selling.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #19
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

I gotta say I've been around since Mosaic was brand new, and this World Wide Wait thing never was going to catch on amongst regular people, only us nerds. And I have come across a lot of different people, many negative, but I have never ever seen anybody quite as negative as you. In almost every newsthread here you are the "it will never happen" guy.

And did you even read the link? "Next month" when it's late September sounds pretty solid to me. Not to mention the demonstration.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #20
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
I gotta say I've been around since Mosaic was brand new, and this World Wide Wait thing never was going to catch on amongst regular people, only us nerds. And I have come across a lot of different people, many negative, but I have never ever seen anybody quite as negative as you. In almost every newsthread here you are the "it will never happen" guy.

And did you even read the link? "Next month" when it's late September sounds pretty solid to me. Not to mention the demonstration.
Pessimism isn't entirely unfounded when it comes to Pixel Qi and OLPC-related announcements, and especially those coming from no-name startups since the ebook flood around CES.

As for release dates? They change from time to time. They've already done so a few times.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #21
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Here's an interesting forum thread from people who've bought the 10.1" Pixel Qi screen kit from Make and fitted it to their netbooks. Some negative comments, though I think mainly from people who were trying to use it fully reflective indoors under artificial light.

http://forums.makezine.com/comments....cussionID=6620

I've got a Samsung N130, so this would fit mine (it's on sale here), but it would cost about the same again as I paid for the netbook, so I might wait at least until my guarantee has run out, and hopefully the prices will come down!

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:20 PM   #22
Mastiff
Viking proof reader

It looks like many of them didn't really know what they were buying...