Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
kpfeifle
Enthusiast
kpfeifle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300- Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Inept Question

Hi All:

First let me state that I believe I'm in the right in what I'm trying to do! I'm switching from a PRS-300 to a Kindle 3, liked the Sony...but I like the Kindle more! I own about 15 books purchased from the Sony store that I would like to "de-DRM" and convert to mobi (with Calibar). I have been doing some reading about Inept, and it seems like it will do it, but it is very confusing! I see some programs designed for individual files and some will only work with directories.

Can somebody point me to a clear website explaining what I need to download (and do) to accomplish my goal?

Many thanks,

Kevin
kpfeifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

See attached. Please do it reponsibly though. That is, convert only books you legitimately own and don't share them with others.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf deDRM-Sony-ePUB-eBooks.pdf (370.5 KB, 1345 views)
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
kpfeifle
Enthusiast
kpfeifle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300- Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Thanks all, this worked like a charm. I do feel I'm responsible...I feel authors should be paid for their work, I don't believe they should be paid TWICE because I switched hardware! Thanks again,

Kevin
kpfeifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Thank You Jack, clarity at last, I have been puzzling over this problem and the responses both here and via Google for a long time, and have not understood the steps or process before.
Your attachment is a great contribution clearly laid out and easy to follow.

Thanks again

John
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote