Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Fictionwise purchases being sent by Amazon

First, forgive me if someone else has already asked this question. Second, I like a lot of the selection on Fictionwise and find myself going there often to get e-books. I have set up my Kindle 2 per Fictionwise's instructions so that any books I purchase can be sent to Amazon and forward to my K2 address. I have added kindle@fictionwise.com per their instructions to my approved email list. Here's the question: about how long does it take for me to receive these downloads from Amazon. I have tried to do this twice and both times I received nothing from Amazon. I ended up plugging the USB cord in and transferring the books via that method. I have also registered my K2 address with Fictionwise so any help someone can provide would be most appreciated. Love this site - so much terrific information.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Make sure that Whispernet is turned on when you request the book from Fictionwise. They don't seem to queue the way stuff from Amazon does. Also, don't request more than one book at a time to be emailed from Fictionwise. That's my experience, anyway.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #3
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
It shouldn't take more than a minute or two. I get stuff from Fictionwise all the time. I do make sure my Kindle's Whispernet is on before I send the files.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #4
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Took the suggestion and turned Whispernet on and re-sent the books again, nothing. Files have not come over at all from Fictionwise. I have checked again to ensure that I set up both accounts properly and as far as I can tell, the set up is correct. For now, I will use USB as the means to get the books onto the Kindle until I can determine what the problem is. Don't know how to contact Fictionwise. Thanks to Susan and Mona for such quick responses, I appreciate it.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:39 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Make sure that Whispernet is turned on when you request the book from Fictionwise. They don't seem to queue the way stuff from Amazon does.
Sure they do. When I email something to myself with the wireless off I get the document as soon as I turn it on.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Took the suggestion and turned Whispernet on and re-sent the books again, nothing.
If you send a .prc file from your own email, does that work?

You are sure the kindle shows as registered to your account, right? On the device?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #7
MonaLS
Groupie

Are you entering your Kindle email address correctly at Fictionwise? Your Kindle email address would be something like your-email @ kindle.com.

Last edited by MonaLS; 03-19-2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: remove email address
Old 03-18-2009, 11:53 PM   #8
chilady1
I devour books!

Bob - checked and the kindle shows as registered on my account with Amazon. And Mona - my email address at Fictionwise is it is verified with them. THat's why this is so perplexing, I am so sure I followed the instructions correctly.

Last edited by chilady1; 03-19-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:59 PM   #9
MonaLS
Groupie

That is odd. Llasram posted this in another forum, but it is appropriate here. To contact Fictionwise:

Go to http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/mw?t=support select "Suggestions and feedback" from the combo-box and press "Go", then press the "Get More Help" button. That will give you a form where you can submit a request straight into their issue-tracker. I've submitted issues that way several times and have always gotten a response within 24 hours.

I would remove your email address from your post so email harvesters don't get it. Just to be safe.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #10
chilady1
I devour books!

Thanks again Mona for all of your terrific suggestions. Have a great evening
Old 03-19-2009, 12:06 AM   #11
MonaLS
Groupie

Hope you have a great evening too. I'm over at Fictionwise buying more books.

Last edited by MonaLS; 03-19-2009 at 12:07 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 03-19-2009, 12:08 AM   #12
chilady1
I devour books!

Mona before I let you go, I did notice one thing: on Amazon my address is xxxxx@Kindle.com, Fictionwise has is as xxxxxx@kindle.com. Difference is lower case k vs. K. Could it be as simple as that?
Old 03-19-2009, 12:14 AM   #13
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Mona before I let you go, I did notice one thing: on Amazon my address is xxxxx@Kindle.com, Fictionwise has is as xxxxxx@kindle.com. Difference is lower case k vs. K. Could it be as simple as that?
Nah, email addresses aren't case sensitive.

You can check delivery status from your "Manage Your Kindle" page at Amazon to see if the emailed books aren't getting sent to your device for some reason, or if they aren't reaching Amazon at all.

The problem could be a temporary one at Fictionwise's end (e.g., with their outgoing mail server).

Last edited by bwaldron; 03-19-2009 at 12:17 AM.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:33 AM   #14
MonaLS
Groupie

Well, I just bought a bunch of books at Fictionwise and the one I sent to my Kindle arrived successfully in less than a minute. Hopefully Fictionwise will be able to help you out.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:48 AM   #15
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
chilady1, did you add Fictionwise's email to Kindle's whitelist?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote