Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for Android, Google Play Books
Any Android PDF viewers with user-defined bookmarks?

Are there any Android PDF viewers with support for user-defined bookmarks? I mean bookmarks the user can set at arbitrary locations in a PDF document (e.g. for recording the last read page), not the predefined TOC bookmarks that come with the file.

EDIT: I'm equally interested in PDF viewers that, although they may not provide bookmarks, keep track of the last read page.

Last edited by amoroso; 06-20-2012 at 01:39 PM.
amoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoroso View Post
Are there any Android PDF viewers with support for user-defined bookmarks? I mean bookmarks the user can set at arbitrary locations in a PDF document (e.g. for recording the last read page), not the predefined TOC bookmarks that come with the file.

EDIT: I'm equally interested in PDF viewers that, although they may not provide bookmarks, keep track of the last read page.
There are three PDF readers that come to mind, but there might be more that provided what your asking for.

ezPDF: ($.99/$2.99) Has annotations(PDF standards), it's own bookmark/note and remembers the last page. Best zoom/pan

RepliGo: PDF Reader ($2.99) on sale today for $.99. Only supports PDF standard annotations. The render engine is better and faster than ezPDF.

Mantano: (Free/Paid) It only supports it's in house Annotation system but can annotate and remember the last page.

I personally have purchased all three but I tend to switch between ezPDF and RepliGo based on what I'm reading. Since both ezPDF and RepliGo support PDF annotation nothing is lost switching between the two readers(well except last page read).

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 06-21-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Fixed smily cause by forum being too helpful
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:32 AM   #3
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Thanks for the recommendations!

I just bought RepliGo PDF Reader. I'm proofreading a document right now, and it's going to be helpful since I can make annotations. Text-to-speech is a nice feature too.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 06-21-2012 at 05:02 AM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:53 AM   #4
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the suggestions. I bought RepliGo a long time ago and later uninstalled it. I've just reinstalled it to give it another shot. The app includes many new features since I last used it.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
amoroso
Groupie

I tried RepliGo. It keeps track of the last read page in both page and text reflow mode.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoroso View Post
I tried RepliGo. It keeps track of the last read page in both page and text reflow mode.
Yes, and you can use the note feature to bookmark pages. There's a symbol at the top of the screen, to the left of the magnifying glass, that you can use to access the notes and annotations later. The app is working well for my needs.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Thanks for the recommendations!

I just bought RepliGo PDF Reader. I'm proofreading a document right now, and it's going to be helpful since I can make annotations. Text-to-speech is a nice feature too.
You welcome. I've used RepliGo for some time now, it's a great product from a great company with great tech support.

The product recently got a huge upgrade and a price drop. So essentially I bought it with less feature at a higher price point

RepliGo also has a GoogleTV support (uses the same Android account). So if you have a Google TV box you can read a PDF from your TV. Don't laugh I've already used it and it works great.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:02 AM   #8
Nick Johnson
Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: googgle ads
www pdfmate.com/best-android-pdf-reader-review.html

Here, you will get what you need.......
Nick Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote