Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
HTMLZ

This makes life so much more easy
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
This makes life so much more easy
Oh yes. I also just wanted to start a "thank you" post, but you beat me to it.

Now we can finally edit the whole ebook at once instead of editing each split html after the other.
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome Thanks are due to user_none for this plugin
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #4
Bertrand
Zealot
Bertrand began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCARaddicted View Post
Now we can finally edit the whole ebook at once instead of editing each split html after the other.
Agreed. I use to work epub files in Dreamweaver for both HTML and CSS, sometimes ending up with 20, 30 files open. Having only one file speed up the process and is a great improvement !

Thanks guys.
Bertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
Agreed. I use to work epub files in Dreamweaver for both HTML and CSS, sometimes ending up with 20, 30 files open. Having only one file speed up the process and is a great improvement !
I envy y'all that like to get things just right. Using the simple find/replace function on the entire ePub at once via Sigil was always enough for my minor tweaks.

Kudos and karma to user_none for meeting a need of the Calibre community.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I use Notepad++ which uses tabs for each file and you can search/replace among all the open tabs if you want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #7
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I use Notepad++ which uses tabs for each file and you can search/replace among all the open tabs if you want.
I don't know if this has changed recently - but the frustrating limitation with Notepad++ (which I otherwise love and use all the time) was that it had no support for multiline regex expressions. Which for me is a complete non-starter for book editing. Has that changed?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I don't know if this has changed recently - but the frustrating limitation with Notepad++ (which I otherwise love and use all the time) was that it had no support for multiline regex expressions. Which for me is a complete non-starter for book editing. Has that changed?
Unfortunately not.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #9
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
the frustrating limitation with Notepad++ (which I otherwise love and use all the time) was that it had no support for multiline regex expressions. Which for me is a complete non-starter for book editing. Has that changed?
I use UltraEdit. It supports multiline regex .
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #10
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I use UltraEdit. It supports multiline regex .
I just looked, because I was curious. UltraEdit costs $60, while Notepad++ is free. UE supports multiline regex - but what else, what N++ can't? Is it really worth the money?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:30 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCARaddicted View Post
I just looked, because I was curious. UltraEdit costs $60, while Notepad++ is free. UE supports multiline regex - but what else, what N++ can't? Is it really worth the money?
How does Ultra-edit spell check work compared to NP++?
Every time I exit to fix something I saw, it(NP++) starts over at the top, not at the insert point
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:15 AM   #12
NASCARaddicted
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Every time I exit to fix something I saw, it(NP++) starts over at the top, not at the insert point
Yeah, that is true. The only way to avoid that (somehow) is to mark just a part of the code, you want to check. But even then, spell checking in N++ can become tedious.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:19 AM   #13
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Have you tried EditPad Pro, can do all of that, is commercial, but low priced.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I'm not sure of the workflow you have in mind here. Also, I'm not familiar with NP++ (although, I've recommended it based on comments from others). (The office bought UE for me.)

UE has a spell checker and regex searching. In the spell checker, you'd normally fix or ignore each problem until the file is done, so I wouldn't normally exit the spell checker until the end. If I did exit, the spell check would start fresh, but I would have previously fixed the problems, or marked them as "ignore" or "add to custom dictionary," so they won't be found again.

The regex search will let you move to each match (F3) individually, or it will give you a popup window of the location and text of all matches found, and you'd click on a match in the popup to directly jump there (or switch to S&R and fix it that way).
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
My work flow is spotty at best

I am doing a S&R and I spot something else in view that needs touch-up. I want to fix it while I see it and then Resume the S&R.

Open Office allows this, but it is not as friendly to raw HTML coding.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote