Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
Radioteacher
Radioteacher began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader - Blackberry
Ebook advice and guidance

Every four years I write/edit a few PDF files posted to http://HamElmer.com used for studying for the Amateur Radio Technicians test.

This is the year and now is the time. I have a document ready to go "Technicians Q&A" in a full sized PDF (42 pages) and a compact PDF (18 pages).

I created an ePub file of the Q&A by hand in xhtml using Notepad, Sigil, Bluefish and finished it up in Dreamweaver.

You can download all of the files at the link below.

http://hamelmer.com/CurrentProjects.htm

Both the mobi and the epub files are zip'ed into one file right now.

I put a link that should work with Stanza on the same page.

epub://hamelmer.com/Assets/Docs/Tech/2010TechQandA.epub

Please let me know how I can better post the links to this data.

It looks like I want on the Sony 505 reader so I downloaded calibre to converted it to .mobi.

How did I do on the ePub code?

What can I use to read either file on the Blackberry?

What can my user base, that has alot of iPhone's, use to read either file?

My friend that has a Kindle does not know how to get the mobi file on the Kindle so I can test it there. Please give some guidance on this.

The current mobi file is for mobileread. I did not a make Kindle converted mobi file yet.

Thank you.

P.S. I have been reading here a lot over the past two weeks getting the data I need for this project and you guys have been a big help!
Attached Files
File Type: epub 2010TechQ&A.epub (426.3 KB, 224 views)
File Type: mobi 2010TechQ&A.mobi (471.9 KB, 231 views)

Last edited by Radioteacher; 01-17-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Radioteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, radioteacher.

Someone will step in soon with suggestions, I"m sure.

Enjoy the forums.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Radioteacher

I have the Sony 505 and don't have any experience in formatting or conversion. Hopefully, a more experienced member will jump in soon.

Be sure to check out all the free ebooks on MR that have been carefully crafted by some very dedicated members.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amateur radio technician