Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
talex101
Author
talex101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Post Hello -- and check out my new Kindle novel 'Ohiowa!"

My Kindle is 'still in the mail,' but I have published my first novel "Ohiowa" for Kindle and am excited to see it starting to sell to you e-readers out there. Ohiowa is a literary adventure novel set in my home state of Colorado. See blurb below. Hope you have a chance to pick it up and enjoy!
T. Alex Miller
Frisco, CO

Ohiowa
By T. Alex Miller

Danny McManus is about to be woken up. At 35, he’s been working as a computer graphics artist in Hollywood for more than a decade, lives alone and has chalked up more failed relationships with women than he can remember.
Then, he witnesses a terrorist attack while having lunch — an act that will be the catalyst for profound changes in his life. The L.A. bombing is part of a series of suicide attacks taking place across the country, an ongoing scourge that has the population living in a constant state of high anxiety.
Retreating his family’s abandoned ranch in the mountains of northern Colorado, Danny meets an old friend, James Hubert, an auto body painter Danny worked with when he was a teenager living at the ranch. He also meets Ellen, a hyper-energetic Catholic who’s not very fond of her new husband.
Before long, James is moving in and Ellen is doing newspaper pieces about Danny and the ranch. Ellen’s story attracts the attention of another terrorist victim: a Chicago advertising executive named Melanie Watts. In Ohiowa, Melanie envisions a safe place for a select group of terror victims to recuperate.
With a group assembled, the ranch settles down for a quiet winter, but others have their eye on them. These include a gerbil-toting Jordanian teenager with dreams of jihad; a slacker opportunist whose quest for a valuable Indian headdress leads him to Ohiowa; and a terrorist arms dealer.
Tapping into the question of what would happen if the U.S. became like Israel – plagued by smaller terrorist attacks – “Ohiowa” ultimately confronts age-old questions of lust, greed and hope against a backdrop that’s alternately ridiculous and terrifying.
talex101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Hey, Alex!!!

Good to see you here!!

I purchased your book yesterday, and it is on my Kindle waiting to be read. (The Kindle itself is still on loan to a neighbor.)

Your book sounds like just my sort of read. I like things that are a little off center. So, I'm really looking forward to it.

Again, welcome aboard.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
me too
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello talex101, will check out your book
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings talex101, welcome to the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi talex101 and welcome to the Forum. Will your book eventually be available in the Sony Format?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
talex101
Author
talex101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi talex101 and welcome to the Forum. Will your book eventually be available in the Sony Format?
If you go to feedbooks you can get it in Sony format:
http://www.feedbooks.com/share/book/695
talex101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:37 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
talex101, I went to the site you posted and downloaded the book but there was no charge. Was that supposed to happen? I don't want to take something for free I'm not supposed to.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
No .... I think he's giving it away for free at the moment. Of course, I didn't find this out until I had already purchased my copy .... but that's the story of my life ... sigh.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authors, colorado, novels, ohiowa