Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
ragdoll
Connoisseur
ragdoll began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad V1
Links don't work

I have a V1 iLiad with software version 2.12, developer package installed and FBreader.
I tried to read some HTML files but the links seam broken. I verified on my PC in Mobipocket Reader and here the links work.
I'm attaching the files, hope someone knows the solution to this problem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ODE.zip (488.8 KB, 333 views)
File Type: zip OgreManual.zip (292.7 KB, 350 views)
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
I have a V1 iLiad with software version 2.12, developer package installed and FBreader.
I tried to read some HTML files but the links seam broken. I verified on my PC in Mobipocket Reader and here the links work.
I'm attaching the files, hope someone knows the solution to this problem.
Are the broken links internal to the HTML file or external links? FBReader can invoke a browser for external links on most machines, but this probably won't work on the iLiad. Another limitation is that FBReader handles single-file HTML (add a .opf metafile to read multi-file HTML), and it does not handle tables.

If you imported the HTML into Mobipocket Reader, then it created a MOBI (.prc or .mobi) version for you. This version is also readable by FBReader (or by the iLiad's MobiPocket Reader).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
ragdoll
Connoisseur
ragdoll began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad V1
You're right, but one of the two manuals I want to read is composed of many HTML files and I don't want to import all of them.
Anyway, importing in MobiReader is only a workaround. Wasn't the iLiad meant to read HTML files, too?
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
You're right, but one of the two manuals I want to read is composed of many HTML files and I don't want to import all of them.
Anyway, importing in MobiReader is only a workaround. Wasn't the iLiad meant to read HTML files, too?
The iLiad's "native" HTML capability uses Minimo (I think), and I have not heard much good said about it.

The way I would handle this is to convert the multi-file HTML to Plucker format on a Desktop PC and then read it using FBReader. However, I already have Sunrise XP and Plucker Desktop on my PC (you only need one or the other, both "distill" HTML to Plucker) and I don't know if these are worth installing for one document. Another supported "multi-file HTML in one document" format is CHM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote