Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #61
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Regarding the Fire -- I am correct in assuming we will be able to side load other (DRM-free .mobi) books and documents as with previous Kindle devices?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #62
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Regarding the Fire -- I am correct in assuming we will be able to side load other (DRM-free .mobi) books and documents as with previous Kindle devices?
I don't see why not.

Edit: just checked the product page.

Content Formats Supported :Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible (Audible Enhanced (AA, AAX)), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, OGG, WAV, MP4, VP8.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #63
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
I don't see why not.
Thanks for that -- I hadn't refreshed the web page from this morning. <slithering away embarassed>

Last edited by Skydog; 09-28-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #64
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Decided to jump on board the band wagon. Got a Touch 3G SO for myself.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #65
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Well he'll be happy as he was getting me a T1 which is $149 so a $99 gift he have to buy me a cover as well later.

Its funny he and my mom compete on gifts so I just sit back and enjoy it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #66
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
I am not so sure about replacing my 1 month old Kindle 3G. The new one is touch, right, but everything else, especially screen size, is similar. Yeah, 1 oz less, but ...

Now, trying to think with my brain and not my emotions. Because My iPad 2 does everything I need, including reading Magazines and PDFs with GoodReader. The Kindle Fire is smaller, which is actually very convenient but reduces display's area as well.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #67
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I did notice on the new Kindles we get covers finally am I right with what I am seeing?

Nevermind that pic is of the new Kindle Store.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-28-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #68
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Finally!

Welcome, at last, to Kindle's family!!!! ....
Old 09-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #69
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Finally!

Welcome, at last, to Kindle's family!!!! ....
too!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #70
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I did notice on the new Kindles we get covers finally am I right with what I am seeing?
Yes, covers are available for pre-order if that is what you mean.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #71
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
I ordered two Fires for the children (ages 9 and 11). This is what the NOOKcolor should've been. If I was in the market for a 7" tablet I would certainly get one and a Touch 3G. NOOKcolor can't compete with no content and lacking app store.
I agree! That's what I've been explaining on the B&N forum for over a year, but people "threw me tomatoes" every time I made the comment.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #72
flourish
Enthusiast
flourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura aboutflourish has a spectacular aura about

Device: kindle NT, Samsung galaxy reverb
I'm buying the $79.99 Kindle and am getting it tomorrow (gotta love cheap 1 day shipping). I'm so excited to get my first e-reader.
flourish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #73
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by flourish View Post
I'm buying the $79.99 Kindle and am getting it tomorrow (gotta love cheap 1 day shipping). I'm so excited to get my first e-reader.
Tomorrow? what you mean with tomorrow! I thought actual delivery was for November. Or, that date only applies for Kindle Fire tablet?

*** EDIT ***

Ignore my comment, that one is shipped next day or available since now.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:21 PM   #74
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
The dates listed in the previous post are DELIVERY dates, not ship dates. The ship date would still be Nov. 22 and the delivery dates imply standard shipping selected.
Good point, my bad.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #75
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
What about your sony 950??
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, android, fire, kindle