Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
numberbox
numberbox began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Can't display Home page

As a newbie please bear with me. I have a Kindle 3 wifi + 3g.
I used kindle to download one document.When the one was not successfull,I began download another one. This is where my kindle stuck.It did not move about 10 minites.I am nevous, so I pulled the on/off switch 20 minites to turn th e kinde totally off. However,when I turn it on, the Home screen can not display.
I try to enter a book(as can't dispaly home page,i don't now the name of book),it works ok.
Can anyone advise please?
numberbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Try rebooting it again - hold power button to ON for about 30-40 seconds. If you connect to your computer using a USB cord, can you see your kindle? If so, try finding the new book or even books or what you sent to the kind and delete it from the computer. Then reboot again - holding the power button about 40 or so seconds.

If all else fails call Kindle Customer Service.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 03:52 AM   #3
numberbox
numberbox began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Try rebooting it again - hold power button to ON for about 30-40 seconds. If you connect to your computer using a USB cord, can you see your kindle? If so, try finding the new book or even books or what you sent to the kind and delete it from the computer. Then reboot again - holding the power button about 40 or so seconds.

If all else fails call Kindle Customer Service.
As your suggestion, the kindle works well now.Thanks!
numberbox is offline   Reply With Quote