Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 08:48 AM   #1
Justin Rotkowitz
Justin Rotkowitz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
ePubs and Google Font API

I know there are a ton of brilliant ppl on this forum by just browsing for a few minutes so I figured this was the best place to ask...

First off, let me just put it out there that I'm a font freak and a stickler for formatting, that said...

Does any one know if the ePub format supports linking fonts from Google Fonts using the Google font API? I know that the @font-face tags are supported, but not really in alot of readers. What kind of font tags are widely supported and does anyone know an easy-fool-proof way?

Thanks in advance,

—Justin
Justin Rotkowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Rotkowitz View Post
I know there are a ton of brilliant ppl on this forum by just browsing for a few minutes so I figured this was the best place to ask...

First off, let me just put it out there that I'm a font freak and a stickler for formatting, that said...

Does any one know if the ePub format supports linking fonts from Google Fonts using the Google font API? I know that the @font-face tags are supported, but not really in alot of readers. What kind of font tags are widely supported and does anyone know an easy-fool-proof way?

Thanks in advance,

—Justin
EMBEDDED only. (and some don't seem to allow those).
Conversion may not allow source specified fonts

Not all devices have access to the Internet.
read the w3.org documents for css2, then read the EPUB spec http://idpf.org/epub/201

Knock em dead
just remember that many EPUB devices choose to ignore parts of the 'spec'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote