Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
tranceplante
tranceplante began at the beginning.

Device: epub
Type and save text from reader on epub?

Hello gang!

This is my first post. I am a epub developer. Well kind of a graphic designer recycled into epub since I'm not bad with html/css. basically I read a lot of topics here when I have issues. So thank you all for answering most of my questions.

Basically I work on tons of epubs for the publishing firm I work for.

At this point I was wondering if it was possible to create an epub with a little section where the reader could enter some text in a page and could save that text so the next time the reader opens that epub the text would still be there.

cheers
tranceplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Nope.

At least not with ePub 2. Maybe with ePub 3, which could support some scripting.

But many reading apps/devices support some kind of annotation functionality that can be used for that purpose.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
It's definitely possible with ePub3 readers that allow access to Local Storage via JavaScript, for example, the iPad and other iDevices.
Here's a link to an older video by French publisher Walrus studios that shows how user input is used to manipulate text.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:28 AM   #4
tranceplante

Oh thx^ almost what im looking for. More details would help a bit.

Cheers
Old 11-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
tranceplante

Anyone?