Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #91
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I think it would look cute on tubemonkey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Oh, how cute if the ruffles were brown and yellow!!! Monkey, you could even fit a banana in there!

Here's a nicer one.
Quote:
Exactly!!!
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:33 PM   #92
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Do report back on the shirts! <snip>
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shirt with pockets.png
Views:	144
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	129715This shirt I bought from Kohls. I like the fact that it has two pockets, but the pockets are a bit smaller than I imagined they'd be—one pocket is barely large enough for my phone, and not at all large enough for my phone and a pen. On the plus side, the shirt's size was pretty accurate and the price was reasonable. Cost: $18.00 + 5.95 shipping + 1.08 tax ($25.03 total).

Click image for larger version

Name:	SCOTTeVEST Performance Polo.PNG
Views:	176
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	129716This shirt was purchased from SCOTTeVEST. It has one pocket, although other styles on the site have more. My phone feels a bit awkward in the position it's carried, but the zipper makes it secure, and the fact that the bulge under my arm makes it look as if I'm packing heat probably helps to ensure my late night safety in convenience stores. The size seems to run a tad on the small size, but not too much. The pocket completely envelopes my LG Volt with room to spare. Cost: $35.00 + 15.00 S&H ($50.00 total). A nice shirt, but at that price it's going to get very lonely for its family in my closet.

For what it's worth, my phone's dimensions are 5.17" x 2.6" x 0.42" (131 x 66 x 10.7 mm).

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-15-2014 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Link wasn't working.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2014, 08:46 PM   #93
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Thanks for the update. Yeah, even though it has a collar, that's an expensive shirt. I think the t-shirts have another pocket sewn into the side seam, but they only have two color choices and I don't care for black in short sleeves (too hot in Texas for a black shirt in the summer) and the other was olive green. I am not an olive green person. I look rather pallid in such a color. I'm waiting for blue, periwinkle, denim or something!

I do think it's cool that you look bad-ass in it (packing heat reference). That's always a bonus. :>)
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:25 PM   #94
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
...I think the t-shirts have another pocket sewn into the side seam...
Actually, the tees there at which I was looking have three pockets. One is in the same location as in the polo, the other two are on one side of the shirt, with what looks like one opening for both. One pocket opens to the front and the other to the rear.

Quote:
I do think it's cool that you look bad-ass in it (packing heat reference). That's always a bonus. :>)
Yeah! I'm bad!
Old 10-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #95
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
FYI, Vera Bradley seems to be having a 25% off sale today (and you should be able to get an additional 3% off by going through Ebates first ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
If you like Vera Bradley, they do have some small organizer-type handbags that might work, e.g., Little Flap Hipster and Mini Hipster (I have this one). I like the brand because the bags are sturdy and well-made, washable, and don't add extra weight.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #96
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
FYI, Vera Bradley seems to be having a 25% off sale today (and you should be able to get an additional 3% off by going through Ebates first ).
Ah, too bad their new models won't be available for a few days yet. But I suppose that's the reason for the sale. I'm still looking at their bags, but I don't think I'll buy a small one. But I have a few hipster models in my wishlist.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:42 AM   #97
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Ah, too bad their new models won't be available for a few days yet. But I suppose that's the reason for the sale. I'm still looking at their bags, but I don't think I'll buy a small one. But I have a few hipster models in my wishlist.
The critter in your avatar seems to be wearing a stealthy device-concealing skirt.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #98
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I like a lot of the SCOTTeVEST stuff I've discovered via this thread, but this one with 42 pockets is probably overkill.

I do like the 3-pocket Bamboo Polo, and I have coupon for free shipping until the end of November, but they don't have my size. Guess I'll just keep checking back in case things change between now and the time the coupon runs out.

42 pockets! Things could get lost for months in a vest like that!
Old 10-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #99
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I like a lot of the SCOTTeVEST stuff I've discovered via this thread, but this one with 42 pockets is probably overkill.

I do like the 3-pocket Bamboo Polo, and I have coupon for free shipping until the end of November, but they don't have my size. Guess I'll just keep checking back in case things change between now and the time the coupon runs out.

42 pockets! Things could get lost for months in a vest like that!
And at last you could experience what it is like to be a woman with a HUGE purse...

I'm waiting for them to put the one pair of women's pants on 75 off. Because at 85 dollars, they are going to have to have a heck of a sale.

I did buy the hemp/cotton t-shirt that I linked to a while back. No pockets but I've been wanting one and they have cobolt blue!!!
Old 10-23-2014, 04:00 AM   #100
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I would love their products if they would make more things in solid colors. I'm really not a big bold print (or any print, actually...) kind of person.

Shari
They have a line of solid colors (quilted microfiber) in black, raisin, blue and now red (link is to all black, but each item comes in other colors):

http://www.verabradley.com/category/...ssic-black.uts

Lately I've been using their triple-zip hipster in a print. I have my PW2 and HD6 in the 2nd zippered pocket (the top zip is the main compartment).

http://www.verabradley.com/product/t...ategoryId=1261
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #101
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I am addicted to Vera Bradley products. For a long time, I couldn't imagine using something with such a loud design, but I was in the market for a small wallet big enough to hold my cellphone, keys and my driver's license. There was a Vera Bradley style that I thought might work and I bought it to try. (Discontinued, Double ID Wristlet in Happy Snails. I would still be using it if my phone hadn't gotten too big for it.)

Now I buy Vera Bradley for toting around my electronics; while my purses and other tote bags lean toward solid colors or subtle designs, my computers and portable electronics sport cheerful Vera Bradley prints. (Suzani, Canyon and Olivia Pink)

For my ebook reader, I use the Tablet Hipster (in Canyon). It works great for either my Nook HD+ or my iPad, but it is a bit tight when I want to carry the kids' Kindle Fires at the same time.

I have been looking hard at the Mailbag (I love the new Ziggy Zinnia print!), but it seems big, even when I remind myself that I need it to be bigger to hold four tablets and spare batteries.

I didn't mean to start gushing. Apparently I'm more enthusiastic about these bags than I realized.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #102
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
I am addicted to Vera Bradley products. For a long time, I couldn't imagine using something with such a loud design, but I was in the market for a small wallet big enough to hold my cellphone, keys and my driver's license. There was a Vera Bradley style that I thought might work and I bought it to try. (Discontinued, Double ID Wristlet in Happy Snails. I would still be using it if my phone hadn't gotten too big for it.)

Now I buy Vera Bradley for toting around my electronics; while my purses and other tote bags lean toward solid colors or subtle designs, my computers and portable electronics sport cheerful Vera Bradley prints. (Suzani, Canyon and Olivia Pink)

For my ebook reader, I use the Tablet Hipster (in Canyon). It works great for either my Nook HD+ or my iPad, but it is a bit tight when I want to carry the kids' Kindle Fires at the same time.

I have been looking hard at the Mailbag (I love the new Ziggy Zinnia print!), but it seems big, even when I remind myself that I need it to be bigger to hold four tablets and spare batteries.

I didn't mean to start gushing. Apparently I'm more enthusiastic about these bags than I realized.
I've been looking at the mailbag too. I didn't know about the tablet hipster, but from the buyers' comments it would be too small for me. But mostly I've been eyeing the new models, and they are now available! There is also a free wristlets and free shipping if you buy enough, but that's probably only for US customers.

Last edited by FlorenceArt; 10-24-2014 at 04:22 AM.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #103
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
They make Harem Pants for men and women. You can carry an entire Encyclopedia Brittanica in your crotch.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #104
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
They make Harem Pants for men and women. You can carry an entire Encyclopedia Brittanica in your crotch.
Erm...yes, well, with an e-reader, no need to get those pants. Or hardback books.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #105
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

There's a few items on special at Vera this week (I'm an affiliate so get a newsletter):

Carry It All Wristlet 30.00
Smartphone Wristlet 30.00
Smartphone Wristlet (Vera Vera) 30.00
Carry It All Wristlet (Vera Vera) 30.00
Zip Zip Wristlet 30.00
Tablet Tote 60.00
Tablet Tote (Vera Vera) 60.00
Tic Tac Tote 50.00

Today is their one-day shipping deal: 11/4- Free Shipping on US Orders of $35 or more

I think they run this once a month or so. I never paid attention until y'all started talking about these bags. I don't see that a coupon is required for the shipping, but I can check for one.