Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 12:13 AM   #1
lvovsky
lvovsky began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle
Feature request: recognize .fb2.zip

Hi, my apologies if this is a wrong place to post.

Is it possible to add a feature that will recognize ziped fb2 files as fb2 and do unzipping in the background? The files are all named with filename.fb2.zip

There are some (russian, open source) library management tools that do that and I can point to if anyone interested.

Thank you for great application!
lvovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:56 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
if you add a zip file that contains an fb2 file calibre should be recognizing it automatically anyway, if not its a bug and you should open a ticket for it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #3
lvovsky

ticket submitted - thank you!
btw, I'm also from the land of entrapment!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvovsky View Post
Is it possible to add a feature that will recognize ziped fb2 files as fb2 and do unzipping in the background? The files are all named with filename.fb2.zip
I'm a little confused.

If you add the fb2 file zipped then I believe calibre will leave it zipped but treat it as a fb2 file in all other ways. Is it not treating it as a fb2 file. If you view, convert or send to device is it not being unzipped in the background and being handled just like a fb2 file?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #5
lvovsky

dwanthny:
you are correct. I changed preferences/interface/use internal viewer to handle zip internally and, yes, calibre handle this zip as fb2! Conversion does work too.

The only functionallity I can think of is when I want to open fb2 with external reader or editor - the OS will think it's zip. Also, conversion (from ziped fb2 to fb2) seems to take a while. So may be a switch can be added to unzip and save known format?
Advert
Old 09-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
lvovsky

Thank you for implementing this in 0.7.18! Works perfectly!