Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 04:56 AM   #1
Caroline
Caroline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 kindleDX
help with feedbooks

Have just had a look at feedbooks and tried to download a couple of books to my Kindle 2, have only had it a few days. As I live in Australia I had to download and transfered the books into my Kindle documents folder. I have done this with the books on this site with no problems and have already enjoyed a few good reads. In this case the books show up in the document file of my Kindle on the computer but they do not appear in my home directory of books on my Kindle 2 Please can anybody help me.

Thanks in anticipation

Caroline
Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:19 AM   #2
jft
Enthusiast
jft began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi
I tried to download some books, and all of them were in epub format. That's not supported by your Kindle. Use calibre to convert them to mobipocket.
jft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2010, 06:26 AM   #3
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
The default download format on Feedbooks is ePUB which won't work on Kindle. However, Feedbooks also provide most (if not all) books in Mobi which is what Kindle supports. Trick is to not chose download from the first menu but click on the book and then chose which of the various format you want to d/l.

The alternative is to convert them using Calibre as already suggested.
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Weird I had the same problem a mobi file downloaded from feedbooks did not show up on the kindle. When I connected my Kindle to the PC the MOBI file was in the document directory. Then I disconnected the Kindle and the book showed up.
Also when I retried downloading a new book, the new book showed up instantly.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:22 AM   #5
Caroline
Caroline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 kindleDX
Thanks for all your help. Working well now.
Caroline
Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert