Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
cdewane
cdewane began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 Silver, iPod Touch (Stanza)
Hi! Proud new owner of a Sony 505

Greetings!

I picked up a new Sony PRS-505 for 20% off courtesy of the Circuit City liquidation sale. They had three on Friday in Green Bay, WI. I will kick myself if they last long enough to go down even farther. But I would have kicked myself even harder if they had been gone when I went back!

Who needs a new TV when you can get an eBook reader!!

Chris
cdewane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Congratulations! Welcome to the forum I didn't know circuit city carried them. How much was it?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, cdewane.

Now have you started downloading any of the free books offered here?

What do you like to read?

Enjoy the forums, and come back often.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
cdewane

lilac_jive: I paid $240, 20% off the original price of $300. If anyone wants to check their local Circuit City, I found them by the calculators.

desertgrandma: In actuality I'm a compulsive reader and will read anything slower than I am. But for preferences I like SciFi/Fantasy. I am a programmer by trade so I also have a large collection of big heavy books. I'm looking forward to lightening my load by loading up with electronic versions.

One gripe I have is that for computer books, the same titles are on average $10 more expensive on the Sony store than the Kindle store.

Thanks for the welcome. I am very excited to join the club.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi cdewane and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #6
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Did you pick up RED, BLUE or SILVER?

Whichever color, I am sure you will enjoy your new toy
and this forum as well. I can't seem to stay away..LOL.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #7
cdewane

Mine is sliver.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #8
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Welcome cdewane. I like your attitude.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #9
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Congrats on the new Sony Reader. I'm down in Appleton sporting a PRS-700, though I do routinely get to Green Bay. I take mine out regularly, so if you happen to see a middle-aged guy reading one, say hi, it just may be me.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote