Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-20-2014, 03:34 AM   #1
mikeQ
mikeQ began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
What do you think about this device ?

Hello

Maybe i will buy this Android tablet, see http://www.imgspirit.com/pipo-m9-pro...tablet-review/
What do you think can this tablet be useful for reading ? it is not too big ? is it better to use smaller or larger tablet ?

Thank you
mikeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:50 AM   #2
miki2
Connoisseur
miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7", Nexus 7 (2013),
Personally, I found the 10 inch tablets to be too big to read ebooks comfortably unless the tablet is perched on a table or something. I much prefer to use a seven inch tablet which is almost the size of an actual book and is not too heavy. If you think of looking at seven inch tablets you must look at the Google Nexus 7 (2013); it is magnificent as an ebook reader and for so much more.
miki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I have to agree with the Nexus 7 (2013). I love my nexus and really gotten back to reading since I have it.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I have to agree with the Nexus 7 (2013). I love my nexus and really gotten back to reading since I have it.
My iPad Mini is now my main reading device for the same reason. Tablets in the 7" range with high-resolution screens makes superb reading devices. 10" is just too big for everyday use unless you have some usage (eg reading PDFs or magazines) which benefits from the larger size.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The tablet in the OP is 580g and the screen rez isn't horrible, but not great either. For me this would be way to heavy as a reader in most instances.

I do read on a bit larger tablet than many (Fire HDX 8.9) and like it just fine, but if it was much heavier or larger I'd be looking at something smaller.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #6
mikeQ

great thank you
i also think that seven inch tablet is better solution.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

The pixel density on that tablet is 224 ppi. That isn't bad, but it isn't really great either. The pixel density on the 7" Nexus 7.2 is 323 ppi for example. And like others mentioned, a 10.1" tablet gets difficult to hold after a while making reading on it a hassle.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The pixel density on that tablet is 224 ppi. That isn't bad, but it isn't really great either. The pixel density on the 7" Nexus 7.2 is 323 ppi for example. And like others mentioned, a 10.1" tablet gets difficult to hold after a while making reading on it a hassle.
To be fair, though, pixel density isn't really a show-stopper for many people. The majority of people here at MR are happy reading on 167dpi eInk screens. A 200+ dpi screen is pretty good.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #9
mikeQ

otherwise this Pipo tablet is really nice and really cheap... but i think i rather buy 7 inch tablet.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:38 AM   #10
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
Full HDMI! The offbrand Chinese really are pushing the envelop of tech on an android tablet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miki2 View Post
Personally, I found the 10 inch tablets to be too big to read ebooks comfortably unless the tablet is perched on a table or something.
When I'm in a big comfy chair I want my Nexus 10. It sits in my lap with a large enough font to read, and large enough screen that I'm not swiping to the next page all the time.

Most everywhere else I read on my Note 2.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:17 AM   #11
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermighty View Post
Full HDMI! The offbrand Chinese really are pushing the envelop of tech on an android tablet.
In terms of features, sure. I've found battery life isn't that great and good luck on the warranty front. It's a good thing these tablets are relatively cheap so replacing them isn't as painful as, say, replacing a 128GB LTE iPad.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:19 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
In terms of features, sure. I've found battery life isn't that great and good luck on the warranty front. It's a good thing these tablets are relatively cheap so replacing them isn't as painful as, say, replacing a 128GB LTE iPad.
Yes, battery life really is the main difference between a low-end and a premium tablet. I use my iPad Mini for at least 3h a day, and recharge it every 3-4d. A cheap tablet with similar usage would need recharging every day (which may not be an issue at all for many people, of course).
Old 01-26-2014, 06:19 PM   #13
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
I would also recommend a 7-inch tablet if reading is going to be a primary activity.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #14
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, battery life really is the main difference between a low-end and a premium tablet. I use my iPad Mini for at least 3h a day, and recharge it every 3-4d. A cheap tablet with similar usage would need recharging every day (which may not be an issue at all for many people, of course).
Make that twice a day. Battery life on standby with my offbrand Chinese tablets are bad. Compare that to weeks on the iPad. The 7" ones aren't so bad but the 9.7" retina have been pretty awful.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #15
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Take a look at the Asus memo HD 7. It is pretty well spec'd out at $150 and I get a good 10 hours of reading before the 15% warning goes off.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote