Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Techno4
Techno4 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
So who makes enhanced kindle versions?

I've been developing ebooks for a while now and have always been under the understanding that there is "no embedded audio / video for .mobi on the kindle devices (that can support video - fire / hd). I've seen my video tags, and content stripped upon conversion, and watched as whatever did make it through kindle gen got discarded by the reader, well, anything short of a link to a video being hosted online. And yet, I see all these ebooks with video and audio on amazon. Granted, they don't seem to be embedded, and the ones I've opened use an indexing method to reference the video files that get played in a different window, but they still load rather quick, and I'm guessing they get transferred to the device.

My question is, who's creating this index method and creating these "enhanced kindle" books? Is it solely through amazon or do publishers have access to this information. I find it hard to believe they would if the max upload limit is 50mb and we're talking about enhanced content. Maybe it's a deal with publishers partnered with amazon? Anyone can enlighten me on what the deal is? Thanks!
Techno4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:35 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
According to this thread, only big publishing houses that don't use the KDP platform can upload books with video and audio files in them.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert