Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question ebook data?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt re: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...53&postcount=9
The question now is, do we just keep it as a form of repair and maintenance manual or do we include all the tips and tricks people have found to make their devices work for them? This is something I would like some feedback on.
@ivanjt

Is there any particular data you are looking for?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
There are a couple of things that I would like to get hold of.

Some good clear pictures of the insides of the EE including, if possible both sides of the circuit boards. Plus the same for the PE - most of those available are quite small and don't enlarge well.

The other thing that would be nice to have would be a list of the parts (including part number and supplier) that people have managed to find and substitute for those in any of the edges - we have the switch for the PE but there may be others.

As the ski season has started we are rather overworked setting up WiFi and internet in places where it has never been before so little, if anything, will be done on this until the new year when I hope to post an almost complete PE section for comment.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have searched for internal pictures to no avail, other than those already identified in the forum. Ski season...Water?
Old 12-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
I have done the same Gunner with the same result. The main reason I'm looking for pictures is to try and help those that are not technically inclined. We can highlight and label parts of a picture and that will tell most people more than me writing several paragraphs describing what they should be looking at.

I suppose there are more pictures of the PE for the simple reason there were more of them available - woot sale etc. I am fighting taking my EE apart because I am a firm believer on Sods Law and getting a replacement isn't easy here in Europe.

Ski season, as in the snow fields up in the high Pyrenees. In fact we are trying to get permission to use some of the ski lift towers to put up WiFi antennas.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
I found a link to some PE internal pictures, if they will help... you may already know about them, but here's the link: http://s280.beta.photobucket.com/use...0Pocket%20eDGe
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

@ivanjt
I agree a picture is better than just a description. I have two EE, but they work. I watch ebay and occassionally there is a PE for parts but they still think they are worth too much.

One place I recently thought of looking was pawn shops, but still no luck.

re: ski. I figured it was snow, I dislike snow.

@Gerrye. Those pictures are in a thread here. I found them while searching also.